A belt that won't set off metal detectors

I personally have to chain my wallet and keys to my body, otherwise I would leave them behind somewhere, and a belt is the easiest thing to attach them to.

4 Likes

Received two for Xmas presents, tossed out all my old web belts, these are far superior.

1 Like

My lack of a butt.

14 Likes

Now do suspenders.

They didn’t export Hitler, they imported Germany.

3 Likes

These are better - they come with merit badges.

7 Likes

I can make the belt exactly as tight as I want it, rather than deciding between using a slightly too lose, or to tight belt hole.

Thanks Obama!

1 Like

That was my understanding as well. I didn’t think it was just about the metal detector buy also about the fact that you can hide a sharp plastic or non ferrous metal weapon in a belt buckle and this was more the reason for removing it.

But then you could also tape such a sharp non ferrous weapon to your leg as well. Thus demonstrating the farce that airport security actually is.

2 Likes

This, fer sure! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Mine clicks, but I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. :smirk:

6 Likes

I have no arse… and inevitably if I don’t wear a belt I’ll start to look like one of those kids who is intentionally walking around with his underwear on display. Belts fix this for me!

That said, I’ve literally never been asked to take my fabric belt off. Though it’s usually under a shirt, t-shirt or jumper, so no real reason you’d know it was there.

Christ, what a belt hole?

1 Like

I had a similar run in with a Sheriff that was none to happy about having to be baby sitting the entrance to Superior Court at lunch when I was there for jury duty.

Pro Tip: When he asks you to take the belt off, don’t say, “But they didn’t make me do it this morning?” :rofl:

1 Like

Indeed, I wore a pair of Ex Officio pants with a plastic belt buckle and TSA wanted me to remove it. Couldn’t because the whole belt was stitched to the waistband.

4 Likes

Some of us have skinny hips and no ass. No belt, and its, pants - meet ankles.

1 Like

It’s still a good idea to minimize the metal so that you lower the risk of getting handsy with the TSA. I’m Precheck and the watch (metal bracelet) still goes in the bag…

Omigawd, A K-SPORK!

…I owe my best friend in the Army a very belated pitcher of beer, dammit.

2 Likes

I refuse to relinquish the middle ground.

1 Like

Is there a brand you like? I am mostly happy with my current one, but yes, like it much more than probably any other belt I’ve ever owned, heh. This is what I have:

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/fashion-belts/products/express-nickel-buckle-belt-set

1 Like

OK please elaborate? Enquiring minds…

3 Likes