A bottle of vodka worth over one-million dollars was stolen from a Danish bar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/03/a-bottle-of-vodka-worth-over-o.html

3 Likes

It wasn’t worth over a million. It was vodka. It was worth maybe $20, tops. Might be marketed for any sum, but it’s still friggin vodka.

11 Likes

but the bottle is made of both gold and silver, and for an added touch, the a cap is “encrusted with diamonds,” says BBC.

Yup, it’s the bottle.

14 Likes

“Did they 'ave shooters, guvnor?”

3 Likes

Oh, I see. So, a $999,980 bottle with some vodka in it.

9 Likes

Oh no, i’m so concerned over that bottle…

8 Likes

Million dollar scotch comes in a dusty old bottle from a long closed distillery. Million dollar vodka comes in a million dollar bottle.

13 Likes

Ain’t worth a million to me. I don’t even like vodka.

The culprit looks very familiar…

5 Likes

So, return the bottle filled with Stoli and it’s all good?

5 Likes

Barkeep dispirited by brazen theft.

12 Likes

Hum, that I don’t get. It is a neutral spirit. If you’d said you didn’t like hard liquor, that I would get.

1 Like

I’m not sure I can say I like vodka, but I like to drink it. But I get the cheaper stuff-- Sobieski’s not bad.

And while I appreciate interesting bottles…

cf

cf

…a million dollar bottle is way too pricey for me. I don’t drink often enough to merit the fancy stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d rather have a million dollars worth of regular vodka.

Then again, that might be a bad idea.

1 Like

Just flip it for a profit.

But the bottle does look like a brass fire extinguisher with an eagle on top and eagles are awesome.

Somewhere I heard, “There’s no difference in taste between a $20 vodka and a $100 vodka. The hangover, on the other hand…”

Fortunately it sounds as though you’re not consuming enough for that to be a problem.

1 Like

All the drunk and none of the flavor. No thanks.

I do think vodka has a taste to it, it isn’t pure ethanol and pure water after all. Flavor is generally downplayed and minimized but i think it’s a hugely important factor. I for one cannot stand vodka but i did get to drink the Crystal Head Vodka pictured on this thread, it’s not a flavored vodka but it has a subtle but distinct taste to it that was lovely and i quite enjoyed drinking it straight which was surprising to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.