A bouncer wore a GoPro to show the drunk jerks he has to deal with

Drunk people are just oversized toddlers.

3 Likes

I was once thrown out of a bar on the grounds that my companion was bleeding too much. And I have some friends who were permanently banned from a notorious local pub for having sex on the pool tableā€¦

5 Likes

Now that is probably totally worth it.

2 Likes

I just realized how much drunk people seem like children.
ā€œIā€™m cold.ā€ ā€œPut on your shoes.ā€
ā€œI canā€™t let you in, dude.ā€ ā€œNot at all?ā€
ā€œPlease let me in.ā€ ā€œWhy not?ā€ ā€œI just told you why not.ā€

6 Likes

That actually is a good approximation biochemically as well. Alcohol inhibits the frontal cortex, and in children the frontal cortex is still developing. Itā€™s suppressing a lot of the same equipment that makes adults better at thinking and reason and judgment than children.

6 Likes

Itā€™s probably also why we like it so much.

3 Likes

Do they actually cultivate a special kind of lazy writing, or does it simply come up from time to time?

ā€œI just donā€™t know if Iā€™m going to be any good at barristeringā€

I am certain it is intentional. Their timing is incredible. And their drunks impersonation:

brings it nicely back around to the bouncer.

3 Likes

The currently accepted explanation for why humans and great apes like alcohol so much is because we evolved as fruit eaters, and overripe slightly fermented fruit is more calorically dense than unripe fruit. Thereā€™s a selective advantage to seeking out spodi, because itā€™s got more energy.

2 Likes

My main reason for making a fake id was to avoid being these guys. I thought this was an episode of Jersey Shore.

I donā€™t know that that explanation is required, though.

Voluntary consumption of psychedelics is found throughout the animal kingdom; reindeer seek out magic mushrooms, cats large and small dig their catnip, elephants get drunk at every opportunity.

The desire for altered mental states appears to be a fundamental motivator in its own right.

9 Likes

What strikes me here is not what jerks all these drunk people are beingā€¦but how that bar seriously needs to put its coat-check room some place where people can access their stuff without being let back in to the actual bar area. At least 75% of these drunks would have walked away with little fuss if they had their stuff with them. Getting argumentative about being separated from oneā€™s coat/house keys/etc. on a cold night is both reasonable and expected.

4 Likes

I just fell in love with those sketches. Iā€™m gonna have to download Mitchell and Web now. How many seasons have they done?

5 radio (That Mitchell and Webb Sound), 4 TV (That Mitchell and Webb Look), plus 9 series of Peep Show (which I totally missed, but I discovered is on Netflix)

4 Likes

Do we really need an explanation, though? It makes (many) people feel good, that seems like explanation enough.

Many (most?) bars have their coat check in an area separate from the bar area (often, in a hall on the way to the bar area. Some bars simply donā€™t have enough space to accommodate such things though, due to their layout. But when you are being ejected from the bar, a bouncer is generally disinclined to stop and wait while you fetch your coat from the coat check, no matter where the coat check is located. Their primary goal is getting you completely separated from other patrons as quickly as possible - if youā€™re being removed from the bar, itā€™s generally because you are disturbing other people. In at least one incident in the video, you can hear one bouncer saying ā€œGive me your coat check ticket, Iā€™ll go get your coat.ā€ - I believe it was the one where the guy was saying his coat check ticket was in his coat, which is an impressive feat. I wonder how he was planning on fetching the coat at the end of the evening with no coat check ticket? My sister worked coat check at a local club for about 10 years, she has some great stories of stupid drunks as well.

the ā€œtoo drunkā€ happens, but often the torture devices called elegant shoes make it impossible to dance - the main reason in my circle of friends for lost footwear : )

4 Likes

Adults are all just big babies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.