A Calvinesque and Hobbesian look at a whistleblower

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/01/a-calvinesque-and-hobbesian-lo-7.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH spunky little Donald is harassed by the most unfair witch hunt in history just because he got caught being doing crime

15 Likes

You are.

8 Likes

the sharpie will never get old…

12 Likes

Trump-Sharpie-3

24 Likes

The entire family love their marker pens. Here’s Jr annotating a screencap by drawing on his monitor with a marker, and tweeting a photo of it.

26 Likes

It is absolutely astonishing to me that this guy can take Calvin and Hobbes, which I consider one of the most perfect cultural achievements of our times, and make these FANTASTIC, BITINGLY SATIRICAL barbs using the visual and thematic framework that Watterson gave us… without in any way detracting from or cheapening the original material.

Bolling’s a genius! :smiley:

40 Likes

Are there particular origins of the phrase “Let’s Do Crimes”?

I’ve seen it in screenshots of “Night in the Woods”, but now I’m wondering if this comic and that game have some common memetic ancestor.
index

5 Likes

Maybe this? From Repo Man?

14 Likes

Holy shit. I can’t believe this is real. When they want to print a pdf do they carry their laptop to the photo copier and then hold it against the scanner and do it a page at a time? How ignorant are these jack-holes?

15 Likes

You say that now, but just you wait until someone makes a truck decal of Donald Trump peeing on stuff.

17 Likes

The desecration of Calvin is completely balanced out by the high amount of truly funny.

7 Likes

They like the fumes, makes their reality make sense.

P.S. Housekeeping is just the best at getting sharpie out (or at least they are now)

1 Like

Always keep in mind, anything and everything was floated as a reason to impeach Obama, including things even Republicans admitted weren’t criminal.

https://www.mediamatters.org/barack-obama/looking-back-many-ludicrous-justifications-right-wing-media-used-call-obamas

13 Likes

Life tip: if you ever accidentally use a sharpie on a whiteboard you can clean it off with rubbing alcohol.

7 Likes

The problem is he’ll never get removed by the Senate. His followers don’t think this is a “real” crime, and the Repugs in Congress just don’t care.

1 Like

The whiteboard marker you should’ve used in the first place contains alcohol and is probably more conveniently located. Scribble it over the sharpie and it’ll wipe off.

14 Likes

I believe that is no longer a given.

3 Likes

Who needs a sticker when you can just look at any news report and see him (almost literally) doing that?

Almost /s

4 Likes

FTFY :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

WowJustWow

2 Likes