A Calvinesque and Hobbesian look at declassifying documents

Originally published at: A Calvinesque and Hobbesian look at declassifying documents | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Ooh, meta-collision of several wonderful (and one hateful) things!

Bolling’s a genius, those last frames are MAGIC

29 Likes

“Mars-a-lago”
:joy:

29 Likes

Indeed, you have achieved nerd-vana. Well done.

16 Likes

Mr. Bolling has outdone himself on this one. Brilliant.

Maybe Donald’s become MBA Manhattan.

19 Likes

Brilliant. I only wish Dr. Manhattanish had been naked in the final frames.

4 Likes

This parody/satire/homage is pitch-perfect. Just flawless.

Reading/seeing these works of art makes me truly angry at how crap the so-called “political” cartoonist in my local newspaper is. And how crap the so-called “funny” pages in the same newspaper are — even when I limit myself to the funniest half.

4 Likes

Many places don’t have a local newspaper anymore. :frowning:

4 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

He’s a kid (in the form of a kid), and the joke work just fine without doing that. Haven’t people done enough gross appropriation of Calvin and Hobbs? Why bring child nudity into what is already a perfectly fine joke?

6 Likes

True enough, and that sucks. My local paper — The Vancouver Sun — is dropping physical paper publishing on Mondays, so they’ll be online-only on Mondays, and print and online Tuesdays through Saturdays.

I wonder if they could afford to go back to print on Mondays if they charged their absolutely terribly “political” “cartoonist” more? Because clearly the only way he’s been able to be published is by buying space for his insipid scribbling…

3 Likes

I get it and got a chuckle out of it even though I dont agree with the premise.

TFG didn’t want to be God or a godlike being like Dr. Manhattan, he just wanted to be king of America. Us Usains don’t do kings and our aristocracy are strictly in the entertainment business not politics.

2 Likes

It is hard to draw a smaller than average mushroom.

4 Likes

Well, except for all the people that also wanted him to be god-king-emperor of America… Not a majority of Americans by any stretch, but enough to make this a real problem.

Too bad that making him orange rather than blue wouldn’t have worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.