A Calvinesque and Hobbesian look at impeachment aquittal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/a-calvinesque-and-hobbesian-lo-9.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH the spunky little boy president Donald gets away with being a very bad boy, and his imaginary publicist John helps him plot revenge and much more authoritarian naughtiness.

7 Likes

I don’t see the comic.

26 Likes

i see the blank white page as more of a commentary on how perfect the call was. nothing to see. or perhaps in line with the emperor’s clothes, the blank expanse between 45’s two ears. i suppose it’s in the eye of the beholder.

a thought provoking commentary on the state of our nation.

31 Likes

@boingboing

Where is the comic?

5 Likes

If you go by the older definition of “comic” = “humorous”, I think we can agree that there’s nothing comic here.

9 Likes

@orenwolf no images on the main page.
Thanks!

7 Likes

32 Likes

I think it’s time we recognize the fact that all that stuff about shooting somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue was never intended as an analogy.

21 Likes

21 Likes

“Comic” now means subject matter that will make me have an extra scotch tonight.

13 Likes

I don’t see it either. Is this another case of content stopped by PrivacyBadger? (PrivacyBadger is a plug-in that refuses to fetch content from servers that collect private info.)

If it is such a case, then the irony is hip-deep again, because Cory is an adviser of the EFF, who makes PrivacyBadger.

2 Likes

Where’s the comic?

1 Like

Looks like they left it out by accident. I pinged. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you. Saved me looking for the Inigo Montoya meme.

2 Likes

I’m glad that we are done with the warm-up impeachment.

13 Likes

Hahahahahahasobsobsob

9 Likes

Hobbits (all of us) - We’ve had first impeachment, yes. But what about second impeachment?

4 Likes

The funny thing to me is that the impeachment process did a lot more to torpedo Biden’s campaign than Trump’s phone call did. A political Streisand effect of sorts. Not to absolve Trump, by any means, but he’s far from the only one that wanted to interfere in Biden’s candidacy, indeed more immediate competitors are gleeful about his sinking campaign, and used the political process to pursue that exact goal.

When Saturday Night Live tried to do a spoof of Lavern and Shirley, nothing they could do was sillier than the actual show.

And I think Trump’s antics have reached the point where he immune to satire, he is lampooning everyone else in the country.

So anything like this-anymore, the joke is at our expense.

2 Likes

Biden’s polling numbers went up for weeks after the Ukraine scandal broke. Since then, he’s torpedoed his own campaign just fine.

3 Likes