A children's book recipe for "No-Bake Spice Cookies," inspired by David Lynch's DUNE

I know, but somehow the combination of certain spices gives me the same urge to gag. I had the same reaction to Patti La Belle’s sweet potato pie, so it might have to do with excessive use of nutmeg. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Uh, maybe?
Frank Herbert had a lot of jobs in his lifetime. Chef was never on that list.

Amusing photography:

Dear god no.
As a parent, I have problems enough.
Folding space? Sheesh I can’t even get my teenager to fold laundry.

So true.
If you are a parent reading this, and your kid is young enough and interested, I can’t tell you how useful martial arts training has been for young 'uns, on so many levels. Find a good school and be there with them for every class.

5 Likes

Without the raisins, this is the Nestle “magic cookie bar” recipe.

3 Likes

Some Bene Gesserit Kitchen Witch involved somewhere

2 Likes

I don’t have a pain inducer, so I guess the kitchen stove will have to suffice.

Now if you just added ground-up psilocybin mushrooms to the ingredients, you’d have the whole experience.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean you’d have the whole melange?

3 Likes

Like a melange perchance?

3 Likes

Let me try to answer this from memory…

The sand worms evolved from an aquatic creature that is referred to as a “trout”, which is kind of like the pupa stage of the adult sand worm, IIRC. In the absence of water, they grow into their sand worm form. As they evolved, they began sequestering water into little incubation pools for the young trout, which also had the effect of desertifying the planet and making the adult sand worms the dominant form. The spice is basically just poop that is mixed in with sand and is extracted by the harvester crawlers of… CHOAM, I guess (not entirely clear who own the spice, but the regal planetary family controls the production).

In the third book, God Emperor of Dune, Paul’s son, Leto III begins attaching the trout to his body and evolves into a hybrid human worm emperor who reigns for like 10,000 years. Don’t worry, it’s so weird that that doesn’t even begin to approach spoiler territory.

Alright, nerds, “well, actually” me!

ETA: By the way, welcome to BBS! Now kneel before your god emperor!

3 Likes

Almost suspiciously so…

2 Likes

3 Likes

These days kids can melt the butter themselves in the microwave.

I don’t have graham cracker crumbs around (my wife prefers cheesecake crustless), or condensed milk, but those could be obtained. Usually have the rest of it. And it should be able to tolerate having some hash added for the grown-up version.

1 Like

LOL! you won interwebs today good sir.

You will receive credit as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arch, didn’t see @Michael_Black beat me to it. I defer my planetary spice holdings to them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.