A documentary about the Idris Elba "Gold" documentary YouTube viewers can't escape from

Originally published at: The grim truth about Gold

2 Likes

I really like Dan Olson’s chill and minimalist presentation style.

7 Likes

Well yeah. There’s a ton of celebrities who would comfortably go against their personal views if it’s for cash.

Dan Aykroyd having a show about bar hopping that was sold to Fox Nation; Lady Gaga promoting prescription drugs; movie stars selling SUVs, crypto and ugly monkey jpegs while also being comfortable with criticizing the right wing; supposedly teetotal celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Blake Lively having their own brands of liquor; singers who are usually seen being the faces of ‘empowered women’ performing small concerts for private events like weddings and birthday parties for leaders who actively restrict women’s rights in their countries.

This is interesting because Idris is one of those famous people who actively complain about social media when folks there make this sort of criticism about celebrities.

14 Likes

“Liberal Hollywood”
lmfao

4 Likes

Idris Elba of Cyberpunk 2077 fame (and nothing else ).

Wait. What?
There’s over a hundred film and TV credits to his name in IMDB. Many of them extremely well-known.
Have you not seen Luther?

And then there’s this:

6 Likes

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

12 Likes

Liberal, yes… leftist, no.

5 Likes

IMG_3671

4 Likes

YouTube has ads?

4 Likes

“… and nothing else” ?!?

They apparently forgot the /s. For a while, Idris Elba was in the running to be the next James Bond, but that got dropped for … reasons.

7 Likes

I know, right? He’s done a wide variety of roles, but he will always be Stringer Bell to me.

3 Likes

It seems that some sarcasm was lost on a LOT of commenters.

11 Likes

Yep…

Idris Elba Smile GIF

4 Likes

Mad Max Reaction GIF

6 Likes

AU, man.

6 Likes

Dan Olson’s videos are at the top of my ‘would watch a third time’ list.
If you (EtA:not you euansmith, y’all!) haven’t yet, watch ‘Line goes up’ , ‘In search of a flat hearth’ and ‘The future is a dead mall’.

4 Likes

Well, they won’t get Olivia Colman:

[incidentally, I haven’t seen a single ad for the documentary, but Youtube is constantly recommending me the Folding Ideas video]

5 Likes

The camera crane shot in “Flat Earth” made my jaw drop. What a wonderful, practical demonstration.

What a great bit of work. :+1:

3 Likes

Auric and his pals at the Council obviously got very nervous when Western governments started signalling that they were willing to allow trading of cryptocurrencies on regulated markets. The timing of the ad-umentary’s push on social media platforms isn’t happenstance. They need to re-sell the conspiracists, preppers, and money launderers (and, more importantly, the larger number of people who vaguely accept the underlying crank economics and received-wisdom paranoia) on the good old shiny stuff.

1 Like