A fast, indie space opera for summer

[Read the post]

1 Like

Hell, I’ll give it a shot.

But yeah, that cover art. Yeesh.

2 Likes

If anyone wants some good Kindle unlimited SF recs, Bad Space and it’s sequel are fun, and the Outer Bounds series by Sara King are fucking brilliant.

2 Likes

By the cover image I subtitled it “Paint Ball Raising”.

What’s with Jason always pushing these “indie” books? Is that what we call self-published books now? I’m still annoyed about the wasted hours from this junk: http://boingboing.net/2015/01/06/the-lost-starship-by-vaughn-he.html

I don’t understand how these things get hundreds to thousands of positive reviews on Amazon. OK, it’s subjective, and maybe this one is good, but buyer beware.

That’s by Timothy Meyer, right? I loved those too. Though I thought the writing in Galactic Menace was smoother than the first book Hull Damage. I seem to remember hearing Book 3 would be out this year. I do hope so. ::scurries off to Amazon to check::

Edited to add: no word on book 3.

Vaughn Heppner cranks out quite a lot of bad fiction, aye. I prefer to think of Kindle unlimited like the old pulps. Cheap as anything, mostly awful, but with som absolute gems if you look. Beware Sturgeon’s Law.

I don’t have Kindle Unlimited, I stick to the freebies, but Sturgeon’s Law holds true. Most are ok, some are horribly awful, but there are a few gems out there.

It’s not even the cover art. It’s the flat yellow Arial that makes it look like a high school Powerpoint presentation…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.