A fungi farmer shares his perspective on psilocybin mushrooms

Originally published at: A fungi farmer shares his perspective on psilocybin mushrooms | Boing Boing

4 Likes

related:
brad sucks – fun guy

2 Likes

I had a friend who grew these, and the harvest was prolific. He would regularly hand me a few grams of “extra” stuff, to the extent that at one point I had something like 2 ounces in a dresser drawer, and I couldn’t give it away fast enough. And the stuff was potent. He stopped growing when he moved to a new house, and I’ve always wanted to take it up. It seems pretty easy, to be honest.

9 Likes

I’ve never gone down that route – marijuana was never really my jam, but the notion of something that could give my depressing a kick in the arse is really tempting. The anti-depressants my wife takes seem… well… depressing.

4 Likes

My friend did it in order to microdose for his own depression and other issues. It worked for him, though he had prior experience with psychedelics. It’s definitely not for everyone.

8 Likes

It’s been a while; but it is easy. And I have a brown thumb.

6 Likes

Cubensis shrooms are easy to grow (you can buy kits online) but I prefer the Liberty Cap shroom - far superior but really difficult to cultivate.

2 Likes

Groucho Marx GIF by hoppip

5 Likes

What do you feel is the difference between the verities?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.