A giant hillside vagina is causing a stir in Brazil

Brazil’s President was commenting on the new Argentinian law. Abortion is still illegal in Brazil, where this vulva sculpture was installed.

Argentina has almost nothing to do with this story.

4 Likes

So are we just giving up on the whole vulva vs. vagina thing?

14 Likes

Thank you. Came here to say that. This is a sculpture of a vulva.

10 Likes

I hope they take the opportunity to rename the hill Mount Venus.

1 Like

Something, something … “Some 11 months in the making, a team of 20 men…”

Via Artnet

4 Likes

Practice safe sex, kids.

6 Likes

I should’ve been less subtle and indicated such metaphors akin to the Washington monument/obelisk (all the way back prior to Thutmose-III)

Search crews have so far been stymied.
Elon has offered them the use of his sub.
The world waits with baited breath.
:wink:

8 Likes

Make haste and exit through the gift shop.

4 Likes

Look, despite jokes about Americans thinking Buenos Aires is the capital of Brazil, Argentina is a whole other country.

Brazil keeps killing women and forcing raped children to endure religious pressure to keep pregnancies even if both kids will die, under our own Aunt Lydia eyes with Bolsonaro approval.

Shame on you for conflating different countries and not editing the article after many people pointed the error.

The giant vagina is just white rich feminism bullshit by a known local Karen, but if it pisses bigots good.

10 Likes

I must say I’m surprised at the shade of red they chose.

3 Likes

Is Notari a Karen or a feminist? She seems the later but I don’t know much about her.

1 Like

Pernambuco, a state in the northeast of Brazil.

1 Like

In this case, the way the sculpture is modeled, I don’t think it’s quite as straightforward the usual cases. I think if you are staring towards this gigantic vaginal introitus then using the colloquial term “vagina” instead of vulva doesn’t seem all that off.

Art isn’t just about what’s on the surface. You have to go deeper.

10 Likes

I don’t know about Notari specifically, but the two aren’t necessarily exclusive. SWERFs are a good example of the convergence of the two.

7 Likes

Define the acronym. Sorry don’t know it.

The author said It is a vulva, but also a wound…

4 Likes

Good point. Though she did also say it took “over twenty men working in a heroin effort” so I’m not sure that the wording of her post is necessarily indisputable. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was such a big vu… sculpture.

It could be a voçoroca too.

3 Likes