A horror story: "Earn $20K EVERY MONTH by being your own boss"

Oh man, that moment of horrified realization when he says, “That didn’t make sense to me… until I remembered that I’m my own boss” made me crack up.

So good.

He’s so wealthy now, even his fingernails are gold.

7 Likes

Once I too had hair…once.

1 Like

It’s sad these days where I have to watch something for at least 30 seconds before if I can tell if its supposed to be serious, funny, ironic, ironically funny, sad, or just a waste of 30 seconds.

Thanks a lot, Onion.

3 Likes

That would only be true in September, April, June, and November. The other months would be slightly over every two days, except for February, the month that time forgot.

Also, why don’t we get paid every two days? I do go to work every day, give or take a weekend.

2 Likes

Written by Charlie Stross, right?

3 Likes

In addition to his two mandolins, he has a hurdy-gurdy.

“What’s a hurdy-gurdy?” asked my son.

“And now, my son, you must hear the exquisite cover by the Butthole Surfers.”

6 Likes

wait…how did this get here so quick…

A friend has two mandolins, one she uses as a chef, says it’s impossible to keep in tune when slicing carrots.

At open open mic nights at the local folk club the audience is always in awe of her dedication, she plays until her fingers bleed.

7 Likes

That’s a Tibetan pocket harp.

3 Likes

One for him, one for his boss.

3 Likes

Y’know, this one stuck with me. As I was watching it, I alternated between “What… the… heck?” and “Dude, stop, you’re gonna mess it up!” Even afterward, I found myself thinking that he just screwed up. It makes enough sense to someone that they’re willing to pay you, handsomely, to do it. If nobody’s getting hurt, just keep your head down and enjoy the paycheck. I found myself envying this guy and thinking that I would do it right. I even briefly considered how I could outsource it, so I wouldn’t even have to do the two hours a week myself. But I also own a copy of The Four Hour Work Week. Haven’t read it, but I do own one.

I think this probably says more about me, and my current state of job satisfaction, than it does about the video.

BDG is a treasure.

…also the name for clicking in vain for subtitles when Google Lens can be used, predictively enough?

I am possessed by at least nine mandolin-like objects, mostly in different tunings, made between 1915 and 2015, variously in USA, China, USSR, and VietNam, I could use a Celtic model to slice soft tomatoes – that’s unlikely to ruin the tone.

1 Like

This is comedy gold!

“I just paid off my Subaru Impreza!”

“I own my own house… in Nebraska!”

“ The house was condemned because of a blizzard!”

And how he almost loses it when he says “if you told me three years ago that I’d own not one, but two mandolins!”

All I could think of was that he’d been doing this what? five, six months, nine tops…?

I’m not sure that work from home schemes/scams can be be relied upon to last for more than one pay period, much less a year.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.