A Japanese promoter has launched Kasotsuka Shojo, a cryptocurrency-themed all-woman "cryptopop" group

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/12/genderswapped-crypto-monkees.html

1 Like

I’ve read that throughout history, the genesis of many a war has begun with squabbles over a new form of currency. It always sounded a bit absurd to me, but today I feel I finally understand.

8 Likes

What, no vocaloid members?

That would have added a bit of William Gibson flavor.

ETA: Wait, what happens to the band members when they fork the currency?

See also: Bruce Sterling, Zeitgeist

11 Likes

There is NOTHING japan can’t anthropomorphise. There is no person, object, animal, machine or abstract concept that cannot be turn into a teenager kawaii idol.

That should be one of Internet rules just next to Rule 34.

11 Likes

20 Likes

Check, check, and check. OK, you are officially promoted to Cyberpunk Lit Geek Supreme Commander status. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOLOLOL you win interwebs today hahaha!!! oh my god I’m using that.

2 Likes

Like anything cryptocurrency related, Kasotsuka Shojo is of dubious value.

5 Likes

so, J-pop is getting more difficult to understand? It was so transparent previously.

4 Likes

1 Like

Eh… Miku, Gumi and Daina are way too busy using their hardware to mine for bitcoin than to use it for singing

3 Likes

Well… honestly I think Japanese anthropomorphising all the things is just a sub-set of Rule 34.

1 Like

So, this pop group is in for a shock when they find out the kind of guys who typically own a lot of virtual currency.

2 Likes

Something tells me this isn’t going to last.

1 Like

I expect they’re very much like the middle-aged men who make up their fan base already. Japan already knows how creepy this is. They do it anyway.

4 Likes

Marketing.
You just gotta love it.

More Japanese shilling for Bitcorn:

Thats an ad truck advertising for Coincheck, a bitcorn trading app which claims to have the #1 userbase

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.