A lot of folks want Jeff Bezos to stay in space

Jeff Bezos upon his return from outer space.

3 Likes

Jack Ma to the rescue ( hope he’s OK now )

Dino1560 Adult Walking Joke Gorilla Costume In Mall Or Amusement Park - Buy Adult Walking Gorilla Costume,Life Size Animal Costume,Amusement Park Products Product on Alibaba.com

4 Likes

Dude. They already have.

4 Likes

And what of sending that phallic rocket straight to Uranus?

4 Likes

Imagine all that sweet sweet philanthropy if MacKenzie had held out for this perfectly safe mission to space.

3 Likes

In theory, I’m ok with billionaires existing. But they must be kept in check on their WAY to their billion(s) and until they kick the bucket.
We kinda used to do that in the USA. When we had a thriving middle class.
I’d wager that most billionaires would still BE billionaires without stepping on other people’s necks.

4 Likes

I don’t think Billionaires are possible without massive exploitation. Millionaires w a bar on dynastic wealth transfers might work. we had that. But as Piketty pointed out, money makes money faster than labor does. Wealth is power (cf Smith after Hobbes) and that’s where we need to apply leverage.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it’s a ballistic suborbital flight, so what goes up must in fact come down.

It occurs to me to describe our existing space tech in terms of the airline industry.

SpaceX is flying 787’s London-NYC-LAX-Hawaii-Australia on a regular schedule.
Blue Origin is getting ready to fly DC-3’s out to the three mile limit and back once every couple of months.
ULA is welding 707 wings onto the Queen Elizabeth 2 and praying.

2 Likes

Sadly the wrong time of year:

4 Likes

Careful, that tune is a figgin’ ear-worm!

1 Like

I think Bezos’ biggest problem is his “FU” attitude. Since Amazon became successful, he’s turned in to a complete a-hole. If he took even a tiny % of his money and donated to housing, food for children or assist with someone’s college education, I don’t think he’d be hated so badly. Instead of doing that, all we see is him living the high life, building a new million dollar yacht, going to space. If he could send a few million for things like that, it wouldn’t make a difference in his overall wealth and it may even show he’s human adjacent.

2 Likes
1 Like

I hope Jeff and Blue Origin have upped the security around this launch…

Uranus? We changed that planet’s name years ago just to prevent that stupid joke. The new name is Urectum.

-Futurama

2 Likes

He can come back. But he needs to pass our new United Nations Food Program toll booth.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.