A lot of folks want Jeff Bezos to stay in space

Originally published at: A lot of folks want Jeff Bezos to stay in space | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I think he’s SUS.

14 Likes

There are an estimated 147 MILLION Prime members in the US.

4 Likes

“We don’t accept returns.”

How do you like it, Jeff?

24 Likes

On the other hand, many feel he would be of more entertainment value, and make more of a statement, back on Earth.

11 Likes

Fish and Bezos stink after 3 days in orbit.

12 Likes

billllllionares’nspace!

ok seems like an apt stupid place to stick my asinine (yet genius) idea for wealth leveling: call it the opposite of The Hunger Games (“er… gluttongames?”) So once a year an avatar of the IRS (possibly dressed like the mayor of munchkin-land) publishes a list of all of 'merca’s billionaires, and after a long build-up (cf any horse derby) with vast ad-space, one of them is selected randomly, (or by a huge bracket of thumb-wars). From that one, the IRS levees a one-time tax of one half of their estimated wealth to be given to all the homeless equally. What? you’re crying for that billionaire? pffff… can you imagine eking it out with just half of what Bill Gates has? And the vast ad revenue, give that to scientifical research into obscure childhood diseases or somesuch [dusts hands in Stephen Colbert fashion]
(“But that’s unconstitutional!!” …yeah, it is isn’t it? but that -could- be fixed “You’re @#! balmy you is!”)

12 Likes

And how many of the 18k that signed the petition are prime members?

5 Likes

I was gonna write a snarky post about how there is still an Amazon tracker or two here at BoingBoing.

But lo and behold, both Brave native blocking and uBlock Origin show none. Yay, BB!

Now perhaps a little trimming of those Google and Facebook trackers?

(edit) I dunno about Bezos, but thanks to Elon I’ve got 45mb+ internet in my semi-rural house instead of DSL at less than a tenth of that. Mr. Musk is welcome to share some of my part of the planet whenever he likes.

3 Likes

I wrote a song last year about encouraging billionaires to visit (and hopefully stay) space. Didn’t think it would be relevant again this year, but since it is:

All the music was produced on a Gameboy using Nanoloop. The animated video is by John Higby (a fellow yo-yoer) and the lyrics were co-written with Keiko Takamura.

15 Likes

Telling him to stay in space is lazy comedy.

Real humor is saying [they should wait for him to exit the country then demand a long form birth certificate or whatever else customs can do to haze him like they would any other obvious agent of a foreign power returning from outer space.

Edit: would have added a cite but no URLs.

3 Likes

I bet Melinda is!

9 Likes

Or, we all agree that when he comes back from space, we’re all wearing ape suits.

15 Likes

We need 7 billion ape suits but we can’t get them from Amazon because he’d know… :thinking:

14 Likes

We are go for maximum burn! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :man_astronaut: :woman_astronaut:

4 Likes

And not one of them understands the term sub-orbital.

6 Likes

The existence of billionaires is fundamentally incompatible with the existence of democracy. Billionaires must not exist. At this point, it is really just a matter of deciding on the level of civility that can be employed in bringing about this outcome.

6 Likes

I like it! Well done!
beer

4 Likes

Despite having posted them before, and their previously amusing my fellow Kossacks, these two images got me permanently banned from Daily Kos last week:

I obviously misread the room, despite the humorous vitriol being sprayed around by fellow commenters. The article was about rethugs’ and their obscenely wealthy donors’ BS they’re pulling on the poor and the workers.

I made the first one, and found the 2nd on tumblr.

10 Likes

Sorry, what goes up in a sad little Bezos suborbital rocket must come down.

To stay gone he’ll need to team up with Elon

3 Likes