A mere $112K will get you a Tiffany's advent calendar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/23/a-mere-112k-will-get-you-a-ti.html

1 Like

I bought my wife something from tiffany’s once. Small little ring, not too expensive. Yup…that was enough.

1 Like

You’re missing the GUILLOTINE WATCH tag on this.

6 Likes

Gee look what day it is … it’s Middle Finger to Tiffany’s Day.

That’s what my free work calendar says.

3 Likes

Is it $112K or $122K? I can’t afford it if it’s $122K…
/s

5 Likes

My Tiffany’s Guillotine Watch says it’s time for revolution

Because who else?

4 Likes

The offer itself is an advertising exercise – and not even a particularly expensive one – so that’s fine as far as it goes. I don’t hold Tiffany’s in contempt for making a novelty window display and humorously pointing out that (obviously) they’d sell you the whole thing if you gave them enough cash.

The worry is that there might be one or two people who’d actually buy it, though, and that is poignant and repulsive in so many ways. We’re likely talking about a rube who grew up in a tiny Soviet apartment thinking broccoli was a luxury, but then acquired millions by being the cruelest person in the right place at the right time, and now spends their days flushing cash down the toilet because some jaded Manhattan marketer made a joking suggestion that went over their head.

ANYWAY

It’s made me wonder what kind of luxury advent calendar I would make if I got round to it in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Is it offered at boingboing store? I could store my vpns, training bundles and vapes right there.

3 Likes

Is there an advent calendar of vaping in the boingboing store?

Why not?

In reality, there are enough people for whom 120k is such peanuts that they will buy this for their 4 year old daughters.

3 Likes

Yeah right, whatever, I’m only waiting for the T Joe’s catvent calendar.

1 Like

Here you go:

937db5874af632e6584b44f9901a2dfa

2 Likes

I’m holding out hope for an advent calendar that counts down the days until the end of capitalism. Until then, this could work.

5 Likes

I’m imagining a thing like this, but each window has a little guillotine?

2 Likes

With the blade slightly raised in each one, until it gets to the top at the end.

2 Likes

I like it! You should do a kickstarter!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.