"A Message From the Future": short film about the "Green New Deal Decade," narrated by AOC, drawn by Molly Crabapple, presented by Naomi Klein

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/aoc-instant-messenger.html

10 Likes

24 Likes

I can take all sorts of continuing catastrophes with the distancing power of Cynicism, but for gods’ sake don’t give me hope. I don’t think I can take it.

And stop making me cry at work.

18 Likes

Except FDR had an actual plan… Specific tasks to accomplish to achieve the goal.

That was quite good in every respect.

“I think I got something in my eye.”

7 Likes

The parodies of this will exceed awesome.

2 Likes

I didn’t know fanfic about yourself was a genre. But okay.

Created an account just to say this:

Music and direction by one of my favorite humans in the world, Kim Boekbinder! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Fuck all the cynicism; trying is better than just giving up.

11 Likes

you have to be willing to do a thing before you can make concrete plans to do a thing, especially a thing as complicated as what we need to do in order to continue living on this planet as a technologically advanced civilization. i’m glad someone with a platform is trying to get us to be willing to try.

6 Likes

I’m sure the Heritage Foundation is cooking up several as we speak.

Though they will essentially be filled with a bunch of spineless lies about climate science and political slander, I doubt any of them will be “awesome” in any meaningful sense.

Nobody else seems to have mentioned how awesome it is to see someone paint that stuff on camera, so I’ll be the first! Molly Crabapple is an amazing artist.

This. [gif of THIS because I am too lazy to find one of those]

7 Likes

wow, creative and inspiring. So glad I saw this.

Now we just have to make it happen.

Just saw it over on dkos. Perfect promotional video for the Green New Deal tour and Town Halls being organized by young leaders in the Sunrise movement over the next couple weeks.

Here in Berkeley, we are hosting one (of several around town) next week with the Gray Panthers, which you may have forgotten was founded in the early 70’s with the motto, Age And Youth in Action — Together. We helped get Medicare passed, and provided the “little old ladies” who stood between the police and Black Panthers, in actions foreshadowing recent BLM protests. Everything in this video matches our policy goals.

9 Likes

Lovely and well-crafted. There’s going to be a lot of “one step forward, two steps back” in this struggle, so we need messages of hope and vision like this.

3 Likes

Hey neat studying the Grey Panthers in a CUD class atm.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.