A message to the kids from America's gerontocracy: DON'T VOTE

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/26/millennials-kill-the-gop.html

9 Likes

They are as confused as that headline.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Vote%20Goddammit

15 Likes

Also: I vote. Every. Single. Election.

8 Likes

13 Likes

A message from to Cory: the title of your post needs some copyediting. From to from to.

5 Likes

Old people are just the worst, amiright?

6 Likes

Yeah, we are.

18 Likes

All of the things these oldster’s said is true. If they are rich… and greedy and selfish, they’ll vote for their best interests and vote GOP and trump. But, there are millions of elderly folk who vote GOP and trump, who NEED healthcare, who NEED SSI, who NEED Medicare and Medicaid, who NEED food assistance… but they still vote GOP and trump. They are voting against their own best interests. It’s not just the young people not voting, it’s also a hell of a lot of old people voting for their own demise and the demise of the nation.

24 Likes

They are voting against their own best interests. It’s not just the young people not voting, it’s also a hell of a lot of old people voting for their own demise and the demise of the nation.

“Hey, gramps, you know those imaginary death panels you were against?
Looks like somehow you keep voting to make them real.”

12 Likes

nazi

16 Likes

I agree with you, a lot of people have been convinced to vote against their own best interest.

In a wider, long term view, I’m not clear how voting for The Rumpster, or GOP in general, is actually beneficial to the very rich and selfish either. Someone needs to be able to buy the shit they are selling, otherwise, long term, they will be poorer.

By long term I mean a year.

7 Likes

Unless they’re already rich as fuck and can somehow escape unscathed. Like they always do. Fact is, oligarchs go to great lengths to protect themselves in the event of economic or governmental collapse.

4 Likes

@doctorow - please fix headline - too many contradictory prepositions.

1 Like

Numerically, more old people (65+) voted for Clinton than young people (18-25) did, by virtue of the fact that more old Clinton supporters showed up to vote.

6 Likes

Numerically there ARE more Americans age 65 and older than there are between 18 and 25, so that in itself is hardly a surprise.

5 Likes

Thanks for spreading the boomer hate Cory.

“Yes, you’re a car?” What?

Do you honestly believe the 65-and-overs who appear in this ad actually hate their entire generation, or do you think perhaps they might just be making a point of encouraging young people to vote so that older voters don’t have such a disproportionate voice in the government?

I don’t hate (most of) my fellow white people but I sure do share the belief that white voters have fucked over the country big-time and we need more minorities to make their voices heard.

19 Likes