A minor league Yankees affiliate team tried to throw an "OJ Simpson Trial"-themed baseball game

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/09/a-minor-league-yankees-affilia.html

2 Likes

Seriously, when did poor taste ever stop a minor league team from doing anything before?

2 Likes

I know this was the responsibility of the RiverDogs management, and likely not condoned or approved by their major league affiliate franchise. But it does remind me of an old New England adage: “Fuck the Yankees.”

I thought the common usage of this adage was far more far flung than just New England.

4 Likes

Personally I find this hilarious! I say kudos to them for making an otherwise intolerable sport at least funny, even if it’s just in a “holy shit I can’t believe someone thought that was a good idea” sort of way. Go team!

And really I don’t think it’s in particularly bad taste to poke a little fun at the insane travesty of justice that was the OJ Simpson trial, with it’s birthing of the reality TV style of jurisprudence that is now the norm. At least not any worse taste than, for example, our sitting president calling COVID-19 fake news.

1 Like

The trial of the century

Wrong centry, brah.

1 Like
1 Like

As our friend put it, he’s just zis guy, you know?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.