A new digital archive contains 374 US-Native American treaties, available for the first time ever

Originally published at: A new digital archive contains 374 US-Native American treaties, available for the first time ever | Boing Boing

7 Likes

A new digital archive contains 374 US-Native American treaties, available for the first time ever

What is the ratio number of kept/honored treaties with Native Americans and the ones that were broken/voided by the USA?

13 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

I assume none were kept, but if any were, the GOP will let us know by proudly and loudly breaking it.

2 Likes

Here’s a great resource that visualizes Native American territories , languages and treaties:

6 Likes

I fully expect to hear the Keystone (Pipeline) Cops making an SWAT style arrest in 3…2…1…

Hrm - my work VPN says the Explorer site is a “Malicious Site”. Guess I will have to look in my down time. Wondering if it has any Citizen Potawatomie treaties. Like their acceptance of citizenship.

2 Likes

Sadly, it doesn’t seem to include any of the treaties between the Jerseys or New Jersey and the Lenape.

They all come with perforations across the middle, just like the originals, for ease in tearing them in half

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.