A new robotic arm design for future home robots that do our chores

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/19/a-new-robotic-arm-design-for-f.html

2 Likes

that one is way overpriced

But will it fap?

Since nobody employs domestic servants any more, I guess they’re not endangering any jobs. But what would Alice do when Marsha’s date mistakes Jan for Marsha? I don’t think I’d entrust that task to a bot.

1 Like

Does it give hugs? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Is it really a robot or just remote controlled arms as there was that guy in the background making the same movements as the arms.

4 Likes

From about the 1-minute mark, the person controlling the “robotic” arm is clearly visible.

Hello?

1 Like

From the article that I link to:

“Blue’s kinematic design is anthropomorphic, meaning that its arms move in the same way that yours do. The idea is that it’ll be easy(ish) for people to teleoperate Blue to remotely perform household tasks, while your AI algorithm gradually figures out how to do similar tasks by itself.”

1 Like

So that is saying that the robot arm is guided by a real human now, as it learns how humans do things, so it can imitate them later?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.