A paracord bracelet that contains firestarters and a fishing kit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/20/bears-discover-fire.html

1 Like

Cool, but not quite as cool as the spy gear-filled butt pellets they have at The Spy Museum in DC.

1 Like

If SHTF, the woods are going to be full of people trying to catch fish with minimalist survival kits. I wonder how well they work?

1 Like

Gives you something to fiddle with while you die of hypothermia. Or if you don’t have the patience for that, you could simply unwind the 5 ft. of pseudo-paracord and use it to garrote yourself, assuming that it doesn’t break in the process.

I am not a fan of this bracelet. BUT, these same guys came out with the Firebiner, and I really like those.

Ratio of times this will get used to actually start a survival fire versus burn someone’s wrist while barbecuing?

If my experience with using lighters to seal ends of shoelaces is any guide, most parachute cord burns pretty well even without adding accelerants.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.