A peek into Amy Sedaris' quirky Greenwich Village apartment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/27/a-peek-into-amy-sedaris-quir.html

4 Likes

How fine is the line between quirky and hoarder?

4 Likes

The available space is a factor, I think.

6 Likes

there are no rooms of trash/unopened boxes/paths lined by stacks of newspapers(stacked to the ceiling)…

no hoarder here, just a fun person living in a museum of her own life and pleasures.

rabbit poop though… waking up to a beast eating my sheets… not quite my cup of tea.

merry new year!

4 Likes

I do kind of wish that I was Amy Sidaris.

4 Likes

How coincidental. I just watched Elf last night.

2 Likes

Amy’s amusingly bonkers show doesn’t have new episodes until mid-February, but there’s always season 1 (the “Holidays” show seems to be unlocked for now):

(And speaking of the other half of the Talented Family, the reference to Crumpet in Elf did make me “Hey!”)

3 Likes

So that show is more of a documentary of her life.

1 Like

I watched with delight as I saw that Amy Sedaris organises her bookshelves the same way I do, by colour. No dewey decimal system for us broads. Still, I can only aspire to Sedaris-levels of quirkiness.

1 Like

I have no idea what was said in that video. I just put it on the background at work and let Amy’s voice just bounce around inside my head. If I’m ever in a coma I want recordings of her and her brother to be played in my hospital room for company.

1 Like

ALDCLUNE (n.)
One who collects ten-year-old telephone directories.

– Douglas Adams, John Lloyd - The Meaning of Liff

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.