A plant so spicy it can destroy nerves, giving pain relief

Thanks on both fronts.

That’s what I thought, but when i read the description of the nerve endings blowing up I wondered how this would work out long term.

I’ve had my fingers throbbing especially under the nails after mishandling peppers (I grow ghosts, bhuts, reapers, scorpions etc). I got temporary relief from dunking my hand in dry rice, but had to keep moving my hand through it for the effect to last. It did help a lot.

I accidentally napalmed my hand last year with a ghost pepper. I cut one up to save the seeds before i froze it. I was careful when handling it but some oil still got on my hand, at the time nothing happened but when i woke up the next day with an intense little dot of heat on my hand i realized my mistake. I washed my hand but the second i put it under the water my entire hand burst into a sensation of fire.

I washed my hand multiple times and it remained on fire for a week, the only effective relief i had was submersing my hand in white vinegar but the heat would come back a few minutes later when i took it out.

Capsaicin is oil-soluble. You’ll get much better results with a moisturizing lotion or cream than with anything water-based or dry.

Nerve endings have to regrow or every minor wound (like a fingertip avulsion) would leave you without essential sensation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.