A pound of multi-sided dice

Looks like you rolled all snake-eyes… again!

3 Likes

Looks like i have to do a pound of dice bake-off.

4 Likes

there better be ONE D18 in that pound-o-dice.

In order of usage, our games use most frequently:
d6
d10
everything else
Which means that if we buy one of these pounds of dice, 75% will be d12 or some other marginally useful shape. Also pointy d4s which inevitably end up on the floor where we can step on them. Caltrops!

2 Likes

Then take a look at a pound of D6 or D10–which at least Wizdice offers. Same or similar price, too.

I do use d12s that way (roll, divide result by 3, round up)

I want some of those D20s. D10s don’t roll well.

1 Like

I have some of those too, want them back? :smiley:

I bought 2 bags of those dice. I am getting back into D&D/Board Games and needed a bunch of dice (one bag was a gift to a long-time lady friend who wanted to play more board games).

Using the Salt Water Saturation In Tall Drinking Glass Test (plastic dice float in saturated salt water…heavier dice need more salt…spin the die and note the numbers displayed when it stops) to see which die were "lopsided/not rolling random results, I found that the Solid Colored Dice were ALL lopsided. Only the Opaque dice rolled pretty random. I would much rather have random dice rolls in a game than use loaded/lopsided dice.

TQQdles™

1 Like

I sceond the Gamescience pound of dice option. Good quality dice made in the U.S.
Hey BoingBoing, why don’t you promote a good, small company that could use the sales boost?

My experience with Gamescience dice was less than stellar. Each die in the set I bought was covered in molding imperfections. Protruding sprues and chips and pits. The numbers also aren’t filled in but that wasn’t as big a problem as the quality. They just feel cheap and tacky. Even if chessex style tumbled dice are marginally less accurate the experience of using them and holding them is much better.

1 Like

Yeah, the pound o dice is filled with both overproduced models and factory seconds.

Mostly good enough.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.