A racist cop bullies two black men for "acting suspicious," and he actually gets fired

what if that’s ALL of them.

Did you watch the video? Did you see the other cop? The one who behaves professionally, deescalates the situation, and treats these guys with complete respect and good humor - joking about the bad condition of his own cruiser? “Have you seen what I’m driving? I’ve got a hole in my fender the size of my hand!” He even calls out the shitty cop: “He needed reasonable suspicion to pull you over, and as best I can tell he didn’t have that, so you’re free to go.”

I applaud these guys for sticking by their rights, and I applaud the other cop for showing how it’s supposed to be done. This is a bad incident that turned into a good story with the correct ending.

15 Likes

classic d bag. not all cops are bad, maybe 10-20%. the rest are keeping quiet. weed them out, one by one. clean up the force, they should be the best behaving members of society - upholding the law. not doing this racist shit.

1 Like

Dude, being an asshole in uniform off the clock would be a fireable offense if you’re working at a goddamn McDonalds because you’re making the company look bad.

If only the police had such stringent and high standards as… Fast food.

12 Likes

They generally can’t in the US, either. Most places let them work security as a side gig, but they wear a standard security guard uniform and not their police uniform. The exception is when someplace actually contracts with the local police department for security, but in those cases it’s actually done through the police department (for example, locally any gathering over X size has to have actual officers on site, and the event organizers have to pay their salaries for that time).

There may be some places that allow officers to work side gigs in uniform without approval from the precinct, but that’s not normal anywhere I know of.

3 Likes

A cop who’s keeping quiet is 100% a bad cop and a big part of the problem.

Behind every bad apple is another 10 bad apples who look the other way.

9 Likes

20 Likes

6 Likes

Remember, the full saying is “A few bad apples spoil the entire barrel.”

4 Likes

:musical_note: I hear 'em saying that this shit don’t ever happen in Seattle
And if it does it’s really just a couple bad apples
But if you’re keepin’ count you will see
This shit is not the apple, it’s the tree, it’s rotten underneath :musical_note:

6 Likes

since when is this normal practice in the us? just asking because this sounds exactly like the OCP-model from robocop. and that was meant to be a satire.

2 Likes

Or for the less academic version:

8 Likes

It’s normal practice in a lot of places. For instance, in the UK football teams have to pay the police for officers inside the stadium. Is this not the way it works in Germany?

Very interesting. And one thing not mentioned in the article is that resisting a bouncer could get you an ass-whooping and a ban, while resisting an off-duty officer moonlighting as a bouncer could potentially net you a felony.

4 Likes

it’s very normal in Indianapolis. Our Sam’s Club (Rockville Rd and 465) always has a uniformed off-duty officer at the exit.

Are we sure the racist cop wasn’t drunk? And not just “with power”?

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking. Of course, this doesn’t excuse the behavior - he’s almost certainly still a racist asshole even without the application of alcohol.

1 Like

That’s not saying much.

There are many many reasons why I left Indiana and never went back even to visit.

1 Like

Your sense of humor seems to be impaired.
But yes, I did. I saw it on Youtube before it posted on BB.
And, yes, I AM glad of the outcome, and that the “good cop” was a good cop.

But lets not fall all over ourselves when someone does their job to a basic level of competence just because so many OTHER people have done horribly wrong? That ObGyn deserves a medal for NOT dropping the baby!

Also, that 7 minutes are NOT the entirety of “good cop’s” career, is it? Sure, he was caught with his pants up now, rolling on a guy from another jurisdiction, but who’s to say he’d do the same if it was a guy from HIS department? Or his actions off camera. Or his behavior in reaction to selling lose cigarettes.

1 Like

Indiana officer Daryl Jones perfectly qualified to become Indiana Congressman Daryl Jones

2 Likes

Do I understand this correctly that Officer Daryl Jones was fired from his moonlighting job as security for the store but is still a police officer? If that’s the case this isn’t as much of a win as the write-up seems; At least not for the all the people the officer ‘serves and protects’ in the future.