A retired sheriff and his tiny K-9 partner – who were inseparable – died the same day

Originally published at: A retired sheriff and his tiny K-9 partner – who were inseparable – died the same day | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Apparently they had been inseparable.

The big dog park in the sky is where they are heading.

12 Likes

There are National Guard troops walking around in my neighborhood in combat gear with assault rifles and hummers. This is a bad time to post the cute cop story.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Given some of the comments here, just thought I’d post something positive about cops and small dogs:

5 Likes

Kurt Vonnegut coined a term for this linking in Cat’s Cradle. He called it a duprass - a karass of only two people, who almost always die within a week of each other.

Another example of a duprass is Buckminster Fuller and his wife, Anne:
“During the period leading up to his death, his wife had been lying comatose in a Los Angeles hospital, dying of cancer. It was while visiting her there that he exclaimed, at a certain point: ‘She is squeezing my hand!’ He then stood up, suffered a heart attack, and died an hour later, at age 87. His wife of 66 years died 36 hours later.”

1 Like

^this

1 Like

Rest In Peace, Sheriff McClelland and Midge. It must be incredibly difficult for the family to lose them both at once, but there’s probably a level of comfort knowing that they’re together.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.