A San Diego Republican operator ran a massive, multimillion-dollar Facebook scam that targeted boomers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/16/every-scam-in-one.html

6 Likes

But Ads, Inc was a huge con,

Welcome to san diego, if that guy has a Brother, the TGOP of SD will make him Mayor.

15 Likes

Wait…

Republicans… scamming Boomers on the Bookface?!?

15 Likes

Read the article this morning. Bit strange how they put the ‘BTW he’s dead’ part so far down a very long (and well-done) piece. My first thought at that point though was 3:1 odds he faked his death and is in Fiji cooking up another scam.

9 Likes

At least it’s It’s far more believable than death via completely treatable gastrointestinal disease, like that bitcoin scammer!

6 Likes

Yikes, a helicopter crash would hurt.

1 Like

"pitched itself to stay-at-home Facebook moms "

are you sure this wasn’t pitched at Genx or millenials? Boomers are too old to be stay at home moms -grandmoms? sure - some great grandmoms

6 Likes

I weep for the state of humanity.

2 Likes

“Repulican operator ran a massive, multimillion-dollar Facebook scam that targeted boomers”

Yeah, it’s called the Republican Party!!!

13 Likes

People still click on ads?

3 Likes

Ha. I mentioned him in my initial comment but took it out. Teamwork!

3 Likes

This boomer is bummed at being low-information, too! We’re not all Fox zombies!

2 Likes

He died at age 27, eh?

NOT too young!

4 Likes

GOP con man dies in a helicopter crash in Kenya… sure he did.

4 Likes

I thought the whole deal with the republican party was to scam boomers out of their money in general.

2 Likes

If there’s an opportunity for this option to work, it’s surely the option they will go with. You can’t be those kinds of people and just walk away from the possibility of millions, especially once the scheme has proven viable.

3 Likes

Yep. Once a grifter, always a grifter. Even the supposedly reformed ones who put on white hats will tell you that.

2 Likes

A San Diego Republican operator ran a massive, multimillion-dollar Facebook scam that targeted boomers

So…bog-standard Republican then. I guess you gotta go national to run their multibillion-dollar Facebook scams targeting boomers. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Him and Epstein are roommates, no doubt!

No! Their modus operandi is to scam everybody out of their money. They do not limit their con jobs to boomers, senior citizens, democrats, other republicans, religious fundamentalists, racists, or to any particular group.

The grift must flow.

4 Likes