A screwy debate over Dick Street in New Jersey is hilariously mocked on The Daily Show

Originally published at: A screwy debate over Dick Street in New Jersey is hilariously mocked on The Daily Show | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Does it intersect with Hurtz Way?

5 Likes

Might intersect with Trickle

3 Likes

Just rename it Richard Street.

Or don’t, if you want to keep making pee-pee jokes, which I can relate to.

2 Likes

They could just change the whole three blocks to “Dicklesworth St.” Problem solved. :laughing:

6 Likes

Why would making a street longer make it easier to find. With two street names, it should be EASIER to find any particular house on either of them. The rationale for changing the name makes no sense. I could perhaps get it if there were no junction, if one long street just changed name half way along it, but there’s a clear junction here. Aren’t junctions where most streets end and begin?

Now and then we see folks taking pictures at the intersection of Kitchen-Dick and Woodcock. It’s pretty funny.

1 Like

It does if you’re this guy:

2 Likes

giphy (1)

3 Likes

That’s only where it intersects with Taint Avenue…

2 Likes

They could twin with this road

2 Likes

I suspect it abuts Johnsons Cutoff

4 Likes

groin GIF

Depending on how you look at it some end or begin with a culde"sac"

A cul-de-sac is not a street! It is a cul-de-sac.

(But that’s a fine sac, for sure!) :wink:

1 Like

Checked out the Wikipedia definition and the most interesting part, for me, is that it is French for ‘bag bottom’ (snigger :wink:)

A dead end , also known as a cul-de-sac (/ˈkʌldəsæk, ˈkʊl-/,[1] from French for ‘bag-bottom’[2]),

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.