A sign on IHOP window in Arkansas blames Biden for reduced hours, sparking #BoycottIHOP

Originally published at: A sign on IHOP window in Arkansas blames Biden for reduced hours, sparking #BoycottIHOP | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Won’t change my opinion of IHOP (ICrawl?). The ones in my area are nasty.

7 Likes

ISlither?

5 Likes

This is in Alaska. Wasilla is Sarah Palin’s hometown.

For further reference:
AR - Arkansas
AK - Alaska
AZ - Arizona

30 Likes

Pedantry.

FWIW, I sometimes think “AK” is Arkansas too.

It’s Alaska. “AR” is Arkansas.

7 Likes

“employee” == “son of owner who is an assistant manager because having a job will improve matters at DUI trial”

17 Likes

The people in charge of abbreviations ran into trouble almost immediately.

23 Likes

Nobody wants to work anymore

This is why they come to you for pancake breakfast. You built your whole business model around that.

22 Likes

humans don’t want to work for slave wages.

FIFY

20 Likes

I really think in a lot of situations businesses are using the excuse of no employees to explain away their poor business practice or their poor service that existed long before the pandemic.

And they are telling employees that the democrats are to blame for the way they are “forced” to treat their employees.

It appears that most employees are hip to that bs but there are plenty that eat it up and get angry at Biden instead of their employer.

A local Walmart closed over the weekend due to covid but it wasn’t exactly clear what the real story was, that did not keep our local Facebook page from getting angry at Biden because it was his mandate that closed the store. When asked what mandate the response, as always, “do your own research”.

When my wife asks what I want for dinner I usually say I don’t care but tonight I’m asking for pancakes or at least frozen waffles.

12 Likes

Suny Binghamton GIF by Binghamton University

14 Likes

IHOP doesn’t even offer real maple syrup*. This is all you need to know to judge their character.

*except in VT, because it’s considered a capital offense there.

19 Likes

“Blame?” Shouldn’t it be Credit? as In Joe Biden empowered workers to be able to walk away from unfair labor situations?

15 Likes

Lotta that goin’ around.

13 Likes

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

6 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: Dinner, with a side of misogyny

If possible, I try to go to locally owned places, diners if I want breakfast out. Certainly not a guarantee it’s not run or owned by pinheads, but if so, at least it’s a locally sourced pinhead you’re supporting. Also, plenty of immigrants work two jobs, if these jobs are so valuable and easy to do, then local Real Amuricans should just step up and grab a few shifts.

6 Likes

If Biden is sparking a renewed interest in living wages and organized labor then WOO-HOO!!! GO BIDEN!!!

9 Likes

Pro Publica has a search engine if you’d like to check whether any other Scooby-Doo villains have taken government handouts before complaining about government handouts.

12 Likes

I’m a horrible person for the amount of smugness I’m getting looking up my Trumpista “no government handouts” neighbors who took PPP loans and wrote them off. Especially the ones who kept their businesses open and even increased business during the pandemic. In one case a woman said “that’s how I renovated my kitchen.”

18 Likes