A story of revenge: "How I beat an online course scammer"

Christ, what an asshole. Both.

9 Likes

There’s a way to write a narrative of revenge on a scammer that has the audience rooting for you.

This was not written in that way.

22 Likes

Gotta say I’m more than a bit suspicious that both the guy telling the story and the correspondence that supposedly came from the guy who was ripping him off have similarly iffy relationships with proper capitalization.

11 Likes

Oh gosh. I didn’t know the insult “soy” so just glanced over it and kept reading. That explains a lot about this dude.

10 Likes

Potential student: Your prices seem rather high for an unaccredited online course.
Guy offering course: That’s because I only have time for SMART students.
Potential student: Hey, I’m smart! I’ll prove it, in fact I’ll pay TWICE that asking price.

11 Likes

Odd that people who are selling courses on how to make money seem to make the bulk of their money from selling courses on how to make money.

21 Likes

He’s joking with those American Psycho stills, right? Right???

5 Likes

ROBERT KIYOSAKI* PRESENTS: HOW TO GET RICH QUICK WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK

[Microscopic text:]

• Robert Kiyosaki will not be within a thousand miles of this presentation.
6 Likes

Who was it I saw recently (they were talking about Trump, but it applies broadly) who said, “How many really, really smart people do you know who spend their time talking about how smart they are?”

15 Likes

Yeah … the dude is just bad karma all the way around. His twitter feed is one long thread of self-absorption sprinkled with hubris, conceit, destroyed enemies, and the occasional death threat. He’s quite the catch.

5 Likes

Not sure who is dumber.
cough GDPR cough

2 Likes

I can’t copy & paste the screenshot texts from the article but I’d be curious to see what a software that compares writing styles to confirm authorship would have to say.

2 Likes

Good advice there-- just enjoy the journey for what it is.

4 Likes

didn’t jordan perterson have sort of patronage scam where he’d offer “therapy” to disciples who paid for the highest monthy tier-- but there was a 3 month wait list?

2 Likes

“You complete me”

You-Complete-Me-the-joker-9546212-350-222

4 Likes

The scammer picked the right target, is all I can say.

I saw that and thought, “No, I bet I’m misunderstanding the usage here, surely he doesn’t mean it in the alt-right sense, he can’t be that big an asshole.” But no, he is.

When he starts using alt-right insults, that’s not down to being upset, though…

6 Likes

but harvard extension school doesn’t offer courses in

check notes

“2 Girls Teach Sex – Blow Her Mind The First Time”

Yeah, I agree. It’s obviously unethical and a dick-move (that is, simply downloading but not reselling it as your own). But that’s why you make it a 3- or 7-day refund and not a 30-day refund. Unless there are other conditions, a 30-day refund is a 30-day refund (to PayPal, at least). I think Kulp got lucky there.

As for his “story of revenge”, it started strong, but it seemed to end with:

• Dox your adversary.

I wonder if any UK lawyers could comment on whether Kulp has opened himself up to lawsuits by Howard Jerry, by publishing Jerry’s driver’s license, home address, etc.

9 Likes

… but whatever, $2,100 buys me a new pair of Vans.

I got that far.

I even tried reading it in Will Arnett’s “Lego Batman” voice in the hopes it would be amusing.

Nope. I’m good.

Fuck this guy into oblivion.

I wish I could go back ten minutes to a happier time when I was unaware of his existence.

16 Likes

Well, there’s your problem. You needed to read it in Will Arnett’s “GOB” voice…

3 Likes