A surprisingly large number of animals kill each other after sex

Wait, humans aren’t supposed to do this?

I mean, ha! Ha! How you doin’?

4 Likes

First la petite morte, then la grande morte!

9 Likes

Ha! Came here to see if somebody had a bad V Day yesterday.

Are you sure you want to know?

I think some of these cases are just experimentation gone wrong.

2 Likes

WORTH IT. :+1:

6 Likes

There is always a relevant Oglaf.

15 Likes

Though in some cases it may take years to do so.

8 Likes

Death by snoo-snoo!

6 Likes

stage two is homosexual necrophilia.

On 5 June 1995 an adult male mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) collided with the glass façade of the Natuurmuseum Rotterdam and died. An other drake mallard raped the corpse almost continuously for 75 minutes. Then the author disturbed the scene and secured the dead duck. Dissection showed that the rape-victim indeed was of the male sex. It is concluded that the mallards were engaged in an ‘Attempted Rape Flight’ that resulted in the first described case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard.

I very much like the interview with the author

6 Likes

Related:

shitroughdrafts: A Study on the Sex Lives of Insects

That reminds me… according to “Functional necrophilia: a profitable anuran reproductive strategy?

the males of the small Amazonian frog Rhinella proboscidea can promote the ejection of oocytes from the abdominal cavities of dead females and fertilize them.

Yes, they can successfully reproduce by jizzing over eggs they’ve squeezed out of dead females.

1 Like

Dessert?

4 Likes

There once was a man who was into sadism, necrophilia and beastiality, but realized he was just beating a dead horse.

3 Likes

I would much rather be eaten quickly during/after sex than liquefy my internal organs one by one and be consumed alive slowly by my own offspring over two weeks, sometimes assisted by other suicidal but childless females.

Oh yes, he is wonderful. Very intelligent crooked mind.

2 Likes

Bees have to be some of the most ruthless at this. Not only does the queen mate with a dozen or more at a time (she can store the sperm for years afterwards), but the males die of exploded penis as a necessary part of this act while the queen just moves on to the next one. Even if they don’t die in this way, the females kill living and even unhatched drones afterwards. Other examples like the preying mantis are a (actually relatively low) risk that males face, but this is systematic elimination even if they didn’t mate at all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.