A Tennessee man lost his winning $1M lottery ticket, then miraculously found it

Originally published at: A Tennessee man lost his winning $1M lottery ticket, then miraculously found it | Boing Boing

7 Likes

2X Luck

15 Likes

Slatten now hopes that this financial jackpot will allow him to buy a house, better cars, and live with “not a whole lot of worries.”

I like the cut of his jib. With that kind of perspective, I’m extra happy he got all this luck.

11 Likes

Too bad. That second spot of luck was supposed to be for avoiding the falling piano next year.

3 Likes

I’d buy another ticket on the day the other one was found. Just say’n.

5 Likes

“Lottery Winner Struck By Lightning!”

7 Likes

I’ve often said that the odds of winning the lottery aren’t significantly better than finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground… but I had not considered this particular scenario.

12 Likes

The odds he loses his winnings are probably pretty good.

2 Likes

Ehh… He seems relatively stable and calm, and $1 million just isn’t enough to REALLY get in trouble ^^’ . If he does as he says, that’ll eat much of it, right there, not that land is a bad idea.

4 Likes

Unlikely. Unfortunately people with a windfall million often find it’s really a lot less than they thought it was.

4 Likes

Not in this economy!

3 Likes

You can safeguard against falling piano’s by wearing a brown paper bag over your head at all times… statistically very few people have ever died or been injured by falling piano’s while wearing one!

3 Likes

I hope that he hangs on to enough to pay his tax bill.

2 Likes

May Lady Cookie Luck smile upon you; Play to Win, Win to Play! It is Dom, Dom, Dom, Domino Time!

1 Like

That’s because they’ve all blundered into the road and been hit by buses tho.

1 Like

Karma is not always a bitch.

2 Likes

I ALWAYS forget the winning numbers whenever I buy a Lottery Ticket. So I just buy a Quick Pick.
Then, the next day after the winning number are announced, THAT’S when I remember what I should have picked.

6 Likes

I shall now forever pick up every lottery ticket I find lying on the ground (maybe I’ll wait a bit till we’re all vaccinated though).

3 Likes

I used to grumble all the time because so much trash would collect on our corner lot. I would spend a good hour every Sat. morning raking up the litter the wind would deposit in our front yard. Until one day I found a $35 winning scratcher out there. I kept my eyes peeled after that.

4 Likes

Did he promise to turn his life around and make good before he found it? Because this is sounding like the pilot to My Name is Earl. :smiley:

1 Like