A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

I know it seems obvious to pretty much anyone posting in this thread, but I’ve heard those first two sentences before. The second two, or some version of them, are a good answer. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Agreed. Gif wasn’t meant in the spirit of dismissal of the response. It’s solid.

9 Likes

Well Done Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

12 Likes

OMG, what a cutie! The gif too!

11 Likes
17 Likes

So many levels of awful in Cori Bush’s experience. So many people failed her when she needed them. I am in awe she could discuss any of that in public and on the public record.

13 Likes

I admire her bravery, and brace for the “levels of awful” from conservatives who typically respond very negatively to personal revelations from women in positions of power.

14 Likes
16 Likes
7 Likes

“I don’t support the #MeToo movement,” said Park, a business student in his early 20s who vehemently disagrees with the notion that young women today are disadvantaged in society. “I agree that (women) in their 40s and 50s (made sacrifices), but do not believe that women in their 20s and 30s are being discriminated against.”

Tv Land Awww GIF by #Impastor

13 Likes
14 Likes

So, the person who loses their job over HIS actions is…the highest ranking woman.

Not saying she’s not culpable – women are often part of the structure that supports and perpetuates sexual abuse by men – but he’s not behind bars yet so this is not the complete solution.

13 Likes

FB_IMG_1633361561453

17 Likes

It’s the same situation with the Met Police and the Sarah Everard case.

I have no love for Cressida Dick (Commisioner of the Met), but all the focus is on her and not all the high ranking men ranked just underneath her, who would just happen to benefit if she resigned or was sacked. There is also a lot of institutional homophobia against her, homophobic men who hate that they have to do what a lesbian tells them. None of that excuses her, but her name should be one of many on a list to be investigated, not the only name mentioned.

17 Likes

You said it much better!

12 Likes

TIL that white women could vote in NJ from the revolution till 1807.

https://www.ushistory.org/us/23b.asp

“For example, New Jersey revised its state constitution to abolish property requirements in 1807, but at the same time prevented all women from voting (even wealthy ones who had been allowed to vote there since 1776) as well as all free blacks. New York acted similarly in 1821 when its legislature extended the franchise to almost all white men, but simultaneously created high property requirements for free blacks.”

I mean, if it was true in reality and not just a loophole that was never observed in practice.

13 Likes

More on the subject from the Museum of the American Revolution:

13 Likes

Thanks! I should visit there. Not now, of course.

7 Likes

This is a good point not mentioned often enough: there’s a world of difference between losing a pregnancy – however much wanted – and losing an actual baby/child. Women need to talk about their miscarriages, before all future miscarriages are required to be named and buried:

18 Likes

Get flown to California or the North East “on holiday” where they have a “routine checkup” at one of the world’s finest hospitals.

Like they always did.

7 Likes