A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

All that eating nonsense is just a con perpetrated by big food. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

former boyfriend, Jose Solano Landaeta, against whom she had reportedly got a temporary restraining order.

13 Likes

OMG. That is absolutely awful. The poor woman.

8 Likes
12 Likes

Angry Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

11 Likes

Cis-men dismiss women as hysterical when we tell them our lives are in danger. Then they act surprised when our worst fears are realized.

Frankly, it worries me that so many men are walking around convinced they have a god’s-eye view of the truth. What if they’ve also missed out on other ontological concepts, like object permanence? Maybe when men walk out of the kitchen, they believe the refrigerator ceases to exist. Maybe they wonder where the dog goes when they close their eyes. Men, I want to bring you the good news that a bigger, richer world is available, but it requires being unsure sometimes, or even wrong. It takes accepting that truths you hold dear could be upended. And most of all, it takes understanding that when women describe experiences you can barely imagine, it’s probably not because we’re lying. It’s because you’re safe from yourselves in ways that we are not.

15 Likes

Gross, dudes!

Gross dudes everywhere. :weary:

17 Likes

The most surprising was a comment from a former Hooters server, who said that corporate banned pigtails since they felt it sexualized young girls.

17 Likes

Dammit, Hooters is the voice of responsibility now? What kind of god-forsaken hellscape havecwe become?

19 Likes

Right? Dude, have you ever like, considered your place of work’s very NAME??

11 Likes

I have to assume the complaint is very particularly about sexualizing young girls, while sexualizing adult women is fine.

13 Likes

Sure, but my point of course is that that claim overlooks the whole problem itself of patriarchal sexual objectification. No matter what the age of the “object” being objectified.

Which maybe is your point too, come to think of it?

12 Likes

Hooters used to have a promotion with some sports teams—the hockey promotion was five goals and free wings with game ticket. I remember thinking that they couldn’t pay me to go to that place.

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

9 Likes

16 Likes

I know I’m a week late replying, but I have seen TERs claim that trans women aren’t really women because we lack a maternal instinct.

I’m glad to see this misogynistic bullshit called out.

15 Likes

15 Likes

*vomit*

13 Likes

My wife is going through this now. She can be, at times, miserable. Not being able to sleep, feeling like her body hates her, and yes, it’s true, i have no clue what i can do. Other than support her as best i can. Still can’t clean to her standard, though,

14 Likes