A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

“A lot of people stood up for that song…”

Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

8 Likes
15 Likes

I cannot believe that the cops in the first video GOT IT RIGHT. :open_mouth: “Don’t you think chasing someone is crazy?” When he wanted to report the woman’s father for calling him and threatening him because women like being chased, the cop emphatically tells him, “No, they don’t.”

They got him to admit he has her phone number, he knows her work schedule, and now he’s been arrested.

I just hope she survives this. This type of men are often violent.

14 Likes

Now imagine he was Black instead.

I’m more amazed that the police came at all based on a woman’s complaint, and so quickly that the guy was still around to question.

16 Likes
17 Likes
14 Likes

That was the U.K., this is Australia:

14 Likes

The author of the piece in question, Aaron Patrick, and his editor, Michael Stutchbury, both have long-standing form on this.

10 Likes

from

clears throat coughs

21 Likes
15 Likes

So, it only took 10 years of marriage for him to “suddenly” see that she was a being capable of reason?
Duly noted.
:nauseated_face:
JFC.

17 Likes

Not only that, but things didn’t get really great for him until “she’s actually seeing the world from a different point of view,” presumably his POV. THAT’S when they suddenly become “one flesh.”

Jeebus creepers. I think there’s a good chance he’s actually lying about any woman staying with him for more than a few months. :grimacing:

11 Likes

I found myself wondering who the heck that guy was and could he possibly be serious?
Appears so:

:roll_eyes:

19 Likes

Ah, he works for that wingnut haven Prager University. At least that part makes sense.

16 Likes

Caught that as well. Yup, makes perfect sense. “Anything that allows women to hope for anything beyond breeding and pleasuring men is evil.” Absolutely consistent with the mindlessness of that “university.”

15 Likes

I thought his name was Cliff?

He’d be divorced- if he didn’t keep his wife locked in the cellar.

9 Likes
17 Likes

17 Likes

Well, he’s a man, see… /s

11 Likes

Supposedly…

2 Likes