A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

10 Likes

My older car has The Club. No glossing that over. [It’s not really needed for it’s intended purpose now that so few people know how to drive a manual, but it makes a nice flail!]

[edt] @smulder: One wonders just how much the sitting government no longer desires the responsibility of governing…

10 Likes

It’s pretty interesting how many everyday items can become lethal weapons in times of need for self defense.

Even the occasional high heel…

13 Likes

This report bugged me, for a few reasons. First, it contains this generalization and conclusion that left me wanting a second opinion (or a reference to a letter or something from the artist that backs up that last line):

“Women at this time were not considered capable of artistic production. They weren’t [considered] capable of great works. The fact that Michelangelo the Younger wants her to produce that specific value is really important, because he’s actually saying, ‘Yes, women can produce art. They do have the drive to produce art,’” Falcone said.

“And that’s why she wanted to be connected to the painting.”

Second, there are as many references to the person who commissioned the work as there are to the artist, because of the connection to Michelangelo. Third, the coordinator of this project throws in another barb about the artist’s education in this article, which is a better take on the story, IMO:

On the subject of illiteracy, here’s something that refutes that:

11 Likes

I think the audio of the CBC program is much better than the text, which frequently leaves out details and colour.

2 Likes

It’s not for nothing that stiletto heels are named after a kind of dagger.

6 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

(Didnt catch thd self harm atvthecend of that)

8 Likes

Lauren Witzke Says Giving Women the Right to Vote 'Was the Worst Thing That Ever Happened to America' | Right Wing Watch

8 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Right-wing talking heads promoting turning wage-earning women into Takers?

faint fainting GIF

10 Likes

Sweaty fascist bodies.

4 Likes

Aw! :heart:

14 Likes

Happy Love It GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

Retired? Not arrested immediately?

Garcia was placed on administrative leave before retiring, He was arrested in September 2021.

madeline kahn flames GIF

15 Likes
12 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

The details are horrific. Another case of ongoing abuse with the surrounding community ignoring it…

13 Likes

But it was only his wife. He’s allowed to do whatever he wants to his own property.

9 Likes