A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

“I don’t even want to imagine having to live an experience like this every day,” commented Alredito after playing his matches. Similar sentiments were offered by streamers Lucius and Tasher as well.

Sounds like a good reason for parents to have their young boys do this, in a supervised setting. Help with the empathy.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Vanderpool had also faced first-degree and second-degree rape charges that a jury didn’t agree with.

16 Likes

The passive, pro-cop language in this report is terrible, too. The only time the word “rape” is used appears in the part about the charges that you quoted. It’s neither “having ex[sic]” or “had sexual intercourse” without reference to force. Also, he got to resign - and with that sentence it sounds like the laws and guidelines in that state really need updates. :rage:

19 Likes

The Southern Baptist Church Executive Committee announced it will oust five churches for having female pastors, including one of the largest churches in the convention, California’s Saddleback Church, according to the church’s news service, Baptist Press.

And they turn on their own. Sigh…

16 Likes
14 Likes

Well, “medical freedom” implies “for men.” I mean, it only stands to reason, after all. (/s)

15 Likes

Dude with (R) after his name is a raging hypocrite?

miss jay gif GIF

15 Likes
16 Likes

That hit the nail on the head.

11 Likes

I Did GIF

Rebecca Solnitt is great…

10 Likes

Yessss. A giant, a queen, a poetic genius!

Not least for her popularizing of a certain term, but also for her ability to make so many other vital topics interesting.

giphy (1)

12 Likes
13 Likes

Although details surrounding the incident are few and far between, the police were specific that the seat had been defecated upon, rather than the feces having been placed or smeared in another way. A motive was also initially unknown until about a day later, when the suspect reportedly admitted that he was attracted to the victim and specifically targeted her bike.

6 Likes

The intersection of gun culture and toxic masculinity is a very, very bloody place, and dangerous as hell for partners trapped there. I wish I knew how to fix it…

11 Likes
15 Likes

This actually was the catalyst for a family friend who had been raised Republican to finally realize she’d been fed lies all those years: when she got pregnant – they worked in the same company – she was told she could have 2 weeks maternity leave and then needed to get her numbers up past her existing goals within 6 months or she’d be fired, whereas her husband was patted on the back, given a raise, and brought into a mentorship program to put him on the fast track for a more senior and high-paying position. This was only 6 years ago, not a generation ago.

19 Likes

from

13 Likes
12 Likes

€20 say this supreme court thinks it can!

13 Likes