A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Beyond that, it displays a level of selfishness that basically designates one’s sex partners as mere masturbatory aids; sex where only one person involved is actively enjoying the act is not at all ideal.

15 Likes

Following the example of a friend from a long time ago- I’ve bought a faux wedding ring for traveling or other places. As she called it- asshole repellent. Should be delivered tomorrow.

14 Likes

I’ve always worn rings on that finger, for the exact same reason… despite having never been married.

Some jerks just won’t take ‘no’ for an answer, unless they think you’re already some other man’s “property.” (Sometimes, not even then.)

14 Likes

I noticed a downturn when I switched from a plain gold band to an eye-catching 2ct Tanzinite. Not as expensive as it looks.
Like, they’d try to hit on me if I was married to a guy who wasn’t wealthy enough to buy a big ring but not if engaged to a guy who could afford one.

14 Likes

Heartbreaking, but oh-so-common:

13 Likes

Added that to my order!

9 Likes

I know it’s a niche area, but when long-standing colleges and universities find themselves going co-ed, they retaliate with death by a thousand cuts…in this case, closing down the choral program now that there are women singing in it too:

12 Likes

17 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Women are becoming more liberal and men are becoming more conservative, Bill Maher said on Friday during the Overtime segment of “Real Time.” Citing polls that claim to prove as much, Maher commented, “Well, duh,” before he passed the mic to guest Beto O’Rourke, who offered up an anecdote to explain the growing divide.

“I read that and I asked my 15-year-old daughter Molly the question,” O’Rouke said. “Right away without skipping a beat, she said, ‘Women are getting too much power and men don’t like that’ and I thought about it.”

The Texan continued, “I thought about the abortion ruling in Texas, you know, harder there to get an abortion than anywhere else. Individual counties are now banning women from driving on their roads to leave the state to go get an abortion in New Mexico or someplace where it’s legal. The IVF ruling in Alabama, it’s not about life. It’s about control. It’s about power.”

11 Likes

The latest on legal battles between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt:

7 Likes
12 Likes

James Carville’s such a dick.

13 Likes

Well, 48% of the people who vote are males. Do you mind some consideration?

This is an important point though. Has any politician ever given any thought to the Kens? Because it sure would be a mistake to completely ignore the interests of half the population, for generation after generation…

11 Likes

For a moment I thought the article was about James Corden, and thought

1. Yeah, that sounds on brand for what I’ve heard about that guy
  2. Wait, he’s a a strategist for the Democratic party now?
5 Likes

Corden is also, apparently, a dick, but not a Democratic strategist, as far as I know…

6 Likes

Sounds like incels to me.

13 Likes
9 Likes

[‘Over my dead body’, say Gambian mothers amid efforts to lift FGM ban | FGM | Al Jazeera]

13 Likes