A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Not sure it’s worth praising them for trying to correct a thing that should never have been. I guess we need to know if the bill passes first. But damn, that is the very definition of “woman as object/possession.”

13 Likes

16 Likes

Please GIF

11 Likes
9 Likes

17 Likes

And…

10 Likes

Missed this yesterday:

With the usual caveat: :weary:

achieving equal wages as a woman of color, especially a Black woman, is an uphill battle. So much so that every year in July, professionals acknowledge Black Women’s Equal Pay Day — which is scheduled to take place this year on July 9.

Dia De La Mujer Feminist GIF by Analice Campos

12 Likes

Lankford also said the bill, the Veteran Families Health Services Act of 2023, had too many broad definitions that needed further inspection from legislative committees.
“It includes things like assisted reproductive technology, fertility treatments,” Lankford said. “It leaves the door open for future definitions for gene editing or for cloning and leaves us to the discretion of the secretary, whoever the secretary may be in the future.”

What an ass.

10 Likes

Ah, yes. There’s a good bit of his real reasons

This comes after the Department of Veterans Affairs earlier this week announced it would soon expand its IVF care policy to include eligible veterans who are single or in same-sex marriages.

And the usual GOP resistance to IVF, or any family planning healthcare

8 Likes

Saying “We can’t let people have access to reproductive medicine because that opens the door to a clone army of genetically engineered super-humans!” is a bit like saying “We can’t let people have access to pacemakers because we must protect humanity from being overrun by cyborgs!”

8 Likes
7 Likes

This was a real problem in Chicago for decades: because judges are elected, and there are several pages of judges’ names listed (no party affiliations), it was actually bizarrely common for them to change their names to something Irish to grab voters’ attention. But when a law was passed to bar the subterfuge, women got caught in the balance.

12 Likes
11 Likes

He said accusing unmarried women or widows of being a witch was a sure-fire way of getting her locked up, making it easy to steal her assets.

“We had men - and it was men - who thought ‘I want that house, I want that land, I want that property’, and so how do they do it? [By saying] ‘you’re a witch’, and straight away you’re arrested on that one person’s say, you’re put into jail to await trial and while you’re awaiting trial somebody steals your land.”

13 Likes

Wow, that’s a double dose of misogyny with one word. First, she’s a pilot. Second, the term stewardess is long outdated. It was replaced with the gender neutral “flight attendant”, what, 40 years ago?

15 Likes

And he called her “toots”

12 Likes

14 Likes
12 Likes

15 Likes

What the hell. You’d think even if you were awful enough to think that women were some class of inferior beings, you might still realize that saying you don’t feel well enough for sex is something men are allowed to do too.

14 Likes