A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

This is a last gasp of men who, unable to justify their sexism in any way, must resort to brute force. Yet even then, they’re unable to shut women up.

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

11 Likes

Episode 12 Ive Been Mad As Hell GIF by The Bachelorette

10 Likes

I struggle to believe this is really any kind of “last gasp,” but it’s a nice thought.

9 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

It really is about time. All the gymnastics orgs need to do this . And all sports for that matter. If the men aren’t required to wear that uniform, women shouldn’t either.

And being penalized for a bra strap moving out of place or underwear peaking out is just fucking gross

13 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

:thinking: Wow, this part sounds familiar…

Misogynistic men with weak egos cannot abide being criticized, even gently—especially when those criticisms come from women, and even more so when they come from feminist women, who they have declared to be their mortal enemy. To men like these, being held accountable feels like hostility. A demand for equality and liberation feels like oppression. And being de-centered feels like being shunned.

…aside from personal experience, it reminded me of references to Cassandra in this article about new discoveries in Pompeii.

Right To Vote Womens Rights GIF by INTO ACTION

11 Likes
12 Likes

Kristen Bell Laughing GIF

10 Likes

laugh cry GIF

9 Likes

Truer than ever.

9 Likes

A man explains gendered tasks:

https://www.tiktok.com/music/original-sound-7194564035646327595

1 Like

“I’m sorry, but show me one WNBA or NWSL team who would enthusiastically support this kit. This is for Olympic Track and Field. Professional athletes should be able to compete without dedicating brain space to constant pube vigilance or the mental gymnastics of having every vulnerable piece of your body on display. Women’s kits should be in service to performance, mentally and physically. If this outfit was truly beneficial to physical performance, men would wear it.”

11 Likes
12 Likes

Forget the puke emoji…we really need a middle finger emoji!

7 Likes

Agreed. Here’s Caitlin Clark giving a verbal one to Michael Che on SNL:

:clap:t4:

11 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes