A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

FB_IMG_1557836497716

26 Likes

Saved that for later!

9 Likes

Gah. Un-fuck these people.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-governor-signs-bill/index.html

(ETA: Meant to post this in the Trumpian thread but I guess it’s appropriate here as well.)

“To the bill’s many supporters, this legislation stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious and that every life is a sacred gift from God.”

“Every life is a sacred gift from God”? Does that mean they will repeal the death penalty next?

11 Likes

No. But this statement is proof enough that this bill was passed as a means to establish religion. Poorly parsed understanding of the religion they’re attempting to establish, but clear in their intention. And this is putting aside the fact that all laws curbing abortion are unequal protections (ie - 14th Amendment violation). Georgia has gone a step further in attempting to violate the 10th -Amendment. Most of these recent bills/laws are quite possibly violating the 8th Amendment, too.

In saner times, these new laws would be struck down at the state level or the Federal Circuit level, and go no further. We no longer live in sane times.

15 Likes

Hahaha no. These people obviously don’t give a shit about adult humans, or children after they’re born, and only care about fetuses as far as they provide an excuse for punishing and controlling women.

9 Likes
12 Likes

OMFG. As a father of daughters, this makes me absolutely want to puke. What the fuck are we doing in this country? Women are a majority demographic. How can men continue to tell them to fuck off and get away with it? Most of the time, I admit, I just hate my gender.

8 Likes

Men still hold most of the positions of power in society and the few women who manage to get into power do so as they reinforce that?

7 Likes
2 Likes

Some levity to help keep me from hulking out on someone over all this bullshit:

10 Likes

Man, I was afraid you would say something sensible like that. Now I need a beer. This world sucks.

6 Likes

got%20tyrion%20toasts

7 Likes

Guardiam podcast on Non-disclosure Agreements. Perhaps no de jure misogyny, but without a doubt, de facto. maybe everyone knows these details already but the obvious as well as insidious ways that these are force multipliers for wealthy, powerful men is infuriating, and these aee good interviews.

Are non-disclosure agreements out of control?

some takeaways:

boards of directora are not necessarily told about settlements and NDAs their companies are paying outx and the money isn’t audited…because it’s all confidential. Shareholder and taxpayer money is used for settlements all the time.

complainants have 3 months to file sexual harrassment suits. personal injury is 3 years.

complainamats must sue for money if they want any legal action taken ( Weinstein’s assistant just wanted rules put in place to protect female employees, but couldn’t sue for those without asking for money) then the money is used to discredit them as golddiggers…

w
Weinsteins assistant’s NDA forbade her from talking to a therapist woth the the therapist also signing and NDA.

3 Likes

Is it just me or would Anna Sorokin be a folk hero (/presidential contender) if she were a man? “Blinded by glitter? really judge?”

5 Likes

Well, there’d certainly be a movie with her played by a major Hollywood star.

Maybe we’ll get one…

7 Likes
4 Likes

Ugh…

12 Likes

"The unexamined life is not worth living " and there’s a guy with zero self insight.

9 Likes

Zack Snyder can eat an entire bag of dicks; what little I saw of that movie was complete garbage.

6 Likes