A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Yeah. He shouldn’t go out, dressed like that. He was asking for it.

14 Likes

Before I walk in that part of town, I always take off my “you deserve to be raped” sign.

13 Likes

9 Likes

He got off light…

2 Likes

This got me wondering about typical victim blaming behavior around clothes, and wondering if anyone has ever used the free speech defense in that context, as in, if clothing is a form of expression, saying it’s okay to physically assault someone for that expression is against the principle of free speech, and the government punishing that person through the courts should be illegal.
I found this paper from 1993 that lays out why clothing should not be an allowable entry into any such court cases, but it doesn’t venture into freedom of speech.

4 Likes

That was an interesting read. Thanks for finding it!

3 Likes

22 Likes

Problem is, some women who support them cheer them on when they engage in this behavior. I’m sure those women are told on a regular basis how different and special they are in comparison to those “other” women who deserve disrespect. They categorize people, and in their minds, equality does not (and should not) exist.

16 Likes

And when they’re not thinking that, it’s “Women are even more equal than men now, thanks to feminazis.” :dizzy_face:

17 Likes

Awesome Twits account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/manwhohasitall

Free samples:

20 Likes

Another gem:

17 Likes
12 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

16 Likes
9 Likes

Some comics mansplaining to a successful comics writer…

Followed by an apology to which anyone who done screwed up should aspire…

21 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

15 Likes

alison brie omg GIF

Who could of imagined that would happen?

11 Likes

I have always had hopes that the younger generations will learn from older generations’ folly and mistakes.

I will say that some young wimmin I meet at my various jobs and around my neighborhood are so much sharper and more aware of the worse aspects of our U.S. “culture” that I do really and truly think they are better citizens of the world and of the U.S. than when I was their age. They are more aware environmentally, politically, socially, pretty much all the -ly topics I can think of. They even advocate for themselves better than I did at their age.

So here’s hoping that parents get the push back, the talk from their offspring, about equity vs equality, and about gender roles as they can be now in 2021.

13 Likes

“Forget deadly diseases, the epidemic we SHOULD be worried about is women accusing men of sexual misconduct!” The fact that it ran in a police publication is a nice touch too.

The more things change…

13 Likes

WTAF, Texas???

Texas school district removes ‘Rules of Chivalry’ assignment - ABC News (go.com)

AUSTIN, Texas – A Texas school district has removed an assignment that called for girls to follow the “Rules of Chivalry,” including dressing “in a feminine manner to please men” and to “not complain or whine."

The instructions said “ladies deemed worthy of the honor by the gentlemen” would receive 10 points for every signature they received as they completed each task. The tasks also included cooking for the boys in their class, walking “behind men daintily as if their feet were bound,” cleaning up after the boys and outside of the classroom, not “show intellectual superiority if it would offend the men around them.”

I just have no words for anyone who thought this was a good idea. Holy fucksocks.

22 Likes