A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 2)

This reads like something out of Regency England.
“She’s on the shelf.”
When I think, “Taylor Swift,” I think “spinster.” /s

14 Likes

So true. A woman with power who uses her powerful voice for all the things that cause patriarchal misogynistic jerks ulcers. If my kid is any indication, the kids are listening.

More ulcers, Taylor. Give them more. A few strokes wouldn’t be amiss.

9 Likes

If they can (and they are) go after Dolly Parton, TS doesn’t stand a chance. Any woman who has power and influence and doesn’t toe their line is gonna get hated on because they can’t stand that.

12 Likes

Neither Taylor nor Dolly should have to go through that. I appreciate and admire their strength. They stand strong and stand for all of us.

10 Likes

Gold article. I like my IUD a lot. The lack of periods had been critical in managing a sleep disorder where low iron makes it worse. In addition, another pregnancy might kill me. I had mine replaced recently. My doc explained I had another year or two before it needed to be replaced but insurance would cover replacement if I wanted it now. I wanted it this year, before the election. Maybe a bit paranoid. Maybe not. The doc (really a NP) understood

15 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

Handmaids Tale Cheers GIF by HULU

6 Likes
11 Likes

The court’s dissenting justice, widely seen as its most conservative, warned that Kansas is headed toward “a legal regime of unrestricted access to abortion.”

Well, now, that would be damned shame there, now wouldn’t it?

12 Likes
3 Likes

I bet the comments on that video are going to be LOTS of fun! Lindsey’s awesome-sauce, though and I’m glad she’s back on the youtubes.

5 Likes

ones we want our sisters and daughters to emulate.”

That “our” is pretty possessive. That’s the patriarchy talking.

14 Likes

9 Likes
14 Likes

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

13 Likes
14 Likes

And this probably becomes more normalized and mainstream under project 2025. No future for our girls, except as broodmares. :rage:

12 Likes
12 Likes

Well, at least the Old Dominion is in the 21st century.

In April, Virginia became the first state in the south to ban child marriage; Washington and New Hampshire also passed bans this year.

The fact that we are the only Southern state to do so is incredibly frustrating, though.

13 Likes