A thread of our own- misogyny

It’s no surprise it’s coming from Tennessee – there’s a long tradition of them floating evil and disgusting anti-abortion trial balloons only to have them struck down. I have little doubt this will be struck down as unconstitutional, which only makes me wonder what’s next. You have to get authorization from the county clerk to get an abortion? All abortions must be livestreamed on the Internet? Doesn’t seem like anything’s off the table for these fucking people.

9 Likes
15 Likes

13 Likes

Immediately after he signed the bill, a group of legislators and members of the public, standing shoulder to shoulder and wearing masks to protect against the coronavirus, began singing the words “Praise God” to the tune of “Amazing Grace.”

Fucking gross.

14 Likes

Right? Amazing grace is three syllables, but praise Gawd is only two. Idiots.

18 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Toxic Masculinity

A creep gets taken down:

11 Likes

:roll_eyes: David Sedaris’ brand of humor…send in the crones:

5 Likes

19 Likes

And did you see what he was wearing? :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Yeah. He shouldn’t go out, dressed like that. He was asking for it.

14 Likes

Before I walk in that part of town, I always take off my “you deserve to be raped” sign.

13 Likes

9 Likes

He got off light…

2 Likes

This got me wondering about typical victim blaming behavior around clothes, and wondering if anyone has ever used the free speech defense in that context, as in, if clothing is a form of expression, saying it’s okay to physically assault someone for that expression is against the principle of free speech, and the government punishing that person through the courts should be illegal.
I found this paper from 1993 that lays out why clothing should not be an allowable entry into any such court cases, but it doesn’t venture into freedom of speech.

4 Likes

That was an interesting read. Thanks for finding it!

3 Likes

22 Likes

Problem is, some women who support them cheer them on when they engage in this behavior. I’m sure those women are told on a regular basis how different and special they are in comparison to those “other” women who deserve disrespect. They categorize people, and in their minds, equality does not (and should not) exist.

16 Likes

And when they’re not thinking that, it’s “Women are even more equal than men now, thanks to feminazis.” :dizzy_face:

17 Likes

Awesome Twits account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/manwhohasitall

Free samples:

20 Likes