A thread of our own- misogyny

Oh, heavens to Betsy, I missed that, thanks!

6 Likes

I actually went looking for something I thought I had posted, but only found this :smiley:

4 Likes

I edited my post in that thread to indicate my mistake.

6 Likes

Not a mistake, you’re just restating very important information :smiley:

6 Likes
11 Likes

@Les_Pane posted this one
Quite a few resonated with me

9 Likes
7 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes

Cross post in transphobia

19 Likes

Cross-posted in history:

18 Likes

Shocked Futurama GIF

12 Likes

lack of interest in women in pursuing astronaut training, the lack of women who were qualified…

Go figure, you make the qualification be something women aren’t allowed to do, and somehow end up with a lack of women qualified for space flight. :woman_facepalming:t2:

15 Likes

I’m sure she’s fine…

16 Likes

Excellent response to stupid actions. Gotta love it!

Clap Applause GIF by Denyse®

17 Likes

I was looking up reviews for a nearby very fancy Sushi place ( Sushi Kiwami 鮨極 - Google Search ) that only offers fixed price (omakase) menus in the 300 per person and up range.

I noticed a Google reviewer complaining that her partner was served more than her, despite both ordering the same priced meal.

The restaurants reply to the review (in the Google reviews linked above) actually includes this sentence “As Saba Sashimi is one of the starter from your meal to light up your appetite, this starter for lady is one piece.”

Is serving less product for the same price to a “lady” a thing I have just been fortunate enough to never encounter. Dictating someone’s portions based on gender :man_facepalming:. At least I now know not to give this particular restaurant any of my money…

12 Likes

I can’t even… :woman_facepalming:t4:

Are You Sure Samantha Bee GIF by CTV Comedy Channel
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes

adventure time table flip GIF

21 Likes

One more time…ALCOHOL IS NOT A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE FOR PREDATORY BEHAVIOR.

18 Likes

Exactly! Neither is youth.

17 Likes