A thread of our own- misogyny

Yeah. And he’s not even thinking about them as real objects in actual space, just… objects.

8 Likes

So on that thread it says the author explained he was thinking of a sliding glass door. Which, you know, I can understand physically how someone could do that. They would still have to be both pretty busty and trying, but at least I can see how they might succeed, so it’s…technically better? Anyway he learned it could happen on twitter. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Another organization with lots of information on women not protecting/respecting their privacy. Reminds me of those horror stories about cops using law enforcement and DMV records to stalk women:

12 Likes
16 Likes

I think we know what Eddie has been up to…

9 Likes
17 Likes

Parents angry after boys’ baseball team gets trophies; girls’ softball team gets goody bags

13 Likes
12 Likes

Chicago police let a man leave who is being accused (by the witness who called 911) of drugging a girl and trying to kidnap her, and then decided to let his accomplice (a woman) leave with the girl anyway.

Thank heavens for this TikToker, who insisted the cop go stop the accomplice from taking the girl to who-knows-where.

Follow-up from the CPD? Surely you jest.

14 Likes
9 Likes

I hear her about the pockets, but otherwise I really feel like the writers made too much of a big deal about the “importance” of the vest.

7 Likes

Under federal rules, if a doctor or other health care provider determines that a patient needs a particular contraceptive, even if it’s not on the list of approved products for the patient’s plan, the insurer is required to have an expedient process for the patient to seek a waiver.

This was news to me. Needs to be better understood by providers and the public!

16 Likes

Hey, they stopped this one!

18 Likes

“pervasive frat boy workplace culture”

Guess that’s the next-gen den of sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigots…

13 Likes

Gamers are reacting to this news exactly like you would imagine gamers would react to it. Despite their complaints, I suspect that there are more people interested in managing the big womens teams than there are who are interested in managing mens teams in Gibraltar, Singapore or Hong Kong (which are already licenced options).

12 Likes
16 Likes
21 Likes

I’ve been mentally combining this with Trump’s unexplained statement that Trump “saved” Kavanaugh and he wouldn’t even be able to get a job at a law firm if not for Trump. I mean, you can’t trust anything Trump says, but it makes me think those tips had something really bad in them.

14 Likes

And were covered up (or just ignored) on Il Douche’s orders. Par for the course.

8 Likes

I hope she wins, because the slippery slope of biased workplace restrictions is making my head spin…

9 Likes