A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

They think this is a cute or funny Christmas message…

what is wrong with you greys anatomy GIF

20 Likes
13 Likes

The hell is that? That’s not “straight men” or even “misogynist” nonsense. That’s “jury please turn your attention to exhibit A” level stuff.

The article doesn’t even mention, but there’s something extra chilling about how the little boys are consistently exempt. I mean, little boys are not known to be especially calm and quiet. So it isn’t even “peace” in the sense of “my family finally shut up for once” as gross as that would be. It’s explicitly in the sense of “the females finally know their place, which is basically kidnapping victims”. :nauseated_face:

17 Likes

OMG what a nightmare! I hope she gets the therapy she will need for years to come.

15 Likes

I also hope that guy gets put away for a long-ass time.

12 Likes

They’re dumb as well as creepy misogynists doing this shit?

6 Likes

The “move the hyphen” game takes on dark undertones in this example…

7 Likes
11 Likes
19 Likes

Seatbelts and breasts are an issue. After incredibly painful bruising from a major accident, I now constantly adjust my seatbelt so it will be where it needs to be in an accident.

18 Likes

Ugh, yeah. But I don’t really know just where IS safe. Someone needs to make an accurate instructional video on that. And of course, better seatbelts.

18 Likes

And the headrests! There are entire brands of cars I cannot drive because the driver’s headrest hits exactly wrong, pushing my neck out of alignment so that I end up with a headache (and the fear that if there were an accident, my neck would snap).

17 Likes

And the seats. And the controls.

Mind you of we are talking about designing cars for safety they should firstly be speed limited to 30kph in urban zones and be lower. A woman was killed in a low speed accident in a city street down the road because she was driven into by someone driving an SUV truck type vehicle. The driver didn’t see her (the ability to see pedestrians in those elevated vehicles is often shit) the impact was high enough to be fatal. Because car safety design is all about the occupants, and not about the people they kill who aren’t in cars.

And that, also, is hegemony in action.

15 Likes

Just experienced that with a rental Jeep. The agency didn’t have anything smaller, so I spent a lot of time squirming in the seat and craning my neck to look beyond the huge side mirrors. I live near a college campus, so there are always pedestrians, cyclists, and joggers crossing the roads.

16 Likes

Miranda Devine said Thursday that Hillary Clinton is begging Democrats to consider her again with her "masterclass in self - pity and delusion" after she tearfully read what was her would-be victory speech if Donald Trump hadn’t defeated her in the 2016 presidential election.”

11 Likes

Assholes all the way down over there.
A friend gifted me MasterClass and I saw part of that episode. I was tearing up, too, thinking of what might have been if our electoral system wasn’t so skewed. She says this part in the speech about how, with the election, America has showed what it values, and that was the saddest.

15 Likes

It actually did show that of course, given that she got 3 million more votes. :angry:

12 Likes

Personal injury attny I hired, who had seen a lot of accidents, said between the breasts. That jived with the NHTSA advice. It’s in the advice for pregant people.
Which is why I end up adjusting it alot.

14 Likes

Which is hard to do if you can’t adjust the top part of the shoulder belt down low enough so that it isn’t cutting across your neck instead of from your shoulder to chest area.

14 Likes

I’m a taller person, so my issue is slippage over the slopes. But I know several shorter women who are damn near choked by the chest belt because they can’t adjust the place where it goes back into the car downward far enough, if at all. One of them bought a belt adjuster for kids to help the issue.

16 Likes