A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Black Woman Reaction GIF by Core 94

15 Likes
12 Likes

Noooooo! Not Mr. Big!

5 Likes

Yep, him too.

I kinda want to start a ā€œYou too, muthafucka?!?ā€ movement.

So tired of this bullshit.

17 Likes

ā€œHe is extremely verbally and emotionally abusive,ā€ one employee on The Goldbergs told Deadline. Another source alleged that Garlin would not address some female crew members by name, using offensive nicknames instead.

12 Likes

Blech. That has to fall in the same category as those men who refuse to look women coworkers in the eyes, or look at us at all. One of the many things I do not miss since our ā€œin personā€ work stuff has been curtailed. So dehumanizing.

14 Likes

Six Bay Area men were arrested and charged in connection to at least 70 attacks on Asian women

ā€œ The suspects have been charged in connection with more than 70 cases that occurred between October 2020 and this September. Hate crime enhancements have been added because the men allegedly targeted Asian females who often ended up injured in the robberies, police said.

"There is no doubt that these suspects believed that they could prey on these victims because of their ethnicity, because of their gender,ā€ San Jose Police Capt. Brian Shan said.ā€

18 Likes

Lock them up!

14 Likes

This is a nice treat, but very serious at the same time:

11 Likes

I was sad to see her leaving SNL, but now that she can be more ā€œin your faceā€, maybe itā€™s a Good Thing.

12 Likes

Part of me was :rofl:, the other part was expecting more angry muttering about SCOTUS during the punching and cutting partsā€¦ :imp:

12 Likes

More on the accusations against Nothā€¦

9 Likes
15 Likes

god damn it eric cartman GIF by South Park

They know that VA women who care about their rights are a ā€œlocked upā€ demographic, because WTF are they going to do? Vote for the GOP? So of course they are ignoring them. Itā€™s STILL about the votes and raising to them. Theyā€™ve havenā€™t figured out just how important this is for actual peopleā€¦

13 Likes
12 Likes

Angry Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

9 Likes

I guess heā€™ll just have to get by on the family fortune now.

13 Likes

One of the comments mentioned his character in Doctor Who is supposed to be on the New Years episodeā€¦

Iā€™m guessing there are spoilers for people who havenā€™t seen the most recent episodes (as I have not).

6 Likes

ā€œ The claim apparently contradicted a 2 November social media post, in which Peng accused the former vice premier Zhang Gaoli of having coerced her into sex. The essay was taken down less than 30 minutes after it was published, and Peng became the centre of a global media storm after disappearing from public view for more than two weeks after the essay.

Pengā€™s interview with Singaporeā€™s Lianhe Zaobao, a Chinese-language publication under the state-controlled Singapore Press Holdings Limited, came as fresh footage of Peng emerged online on Sunday.ā€

ā€œ Pengā€™s November post caused concern over her wellbeing internationally. It led fellow tennis stars, including Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams, to demand to know her whereabouts, under the hashtag #WhereIsPengShuai on Twitter.

The incident also unleashed a global storm of criticism of China. As a result, the Womenā€™s Tennis Association (WTA) announced its suspension of future tournaments in China early this month. Rights organisations seized on the opportunity to call for a boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics.ā€

We see you.

21 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

17 Likes