A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Needed in the States, not just in non-industrialized countries, because actually dealing with childbirth as if the mother matters is not the norm.

14 Likes
1 Like

I seem to remember a West Wing episode in which a fashion reporter was covering the WH and she made a grave mistake of mentioning the WH Press Secretary’s change of attire after something bad happened.

Real life imitating art?

3 Likes

3edb473ce4b98f3021fd9a85af3831bd

11 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

10 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

TMZ is still out to get Britney Spears

lots of unnamed sources and people having opinions about shit that’s none of their business

8 Likes

I’m so tired of hearing these kinds of comments about sexual assault victims and victims of domestic abuse:
Why didn’t she leave
She consented to X, so the sexual assaults aren’t as bad
He paid her money later, so now the sexual harassment and assaults are basically sex work

I can see how it is baffling that someone being abused doesn’t leave if you don’t think about it first. The abuse is almost never right off. First the abuser puts a lot of effort into gaslighting, gradually violating boundaries to erase them, manipulation, and so many other tricks to make sure the victim can’t just leave.

If it was as simple as every domestic abuse or serial rape victim walking away, we wouldn’t have the problems we do with domestic abuse.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

6 Likes

Yeah, and still today, but even more so if you’re being triggered by the responses to the E. Jean Carroll case, women are socialized to be polite and not offend people and not show anger and basically accommodate others.
It makes the approach so much easier for the abusers.

14 Likes

Yes! Someone I love was in an abusive relationship. She had been conditioned from very young to be meek, agreeable, to agree with her husband, that divorce was not an option. She had low self esteem He pushed and manipulated until she didn’t even recognize a lot of what he was doing as abuse.
She got out after 3 tries and has been out for about 2 years now. In the end, he cheated on her. That was finally enough and she left and divorced him. I’m not sure she would have left from only the abuse. She’s been in therapy since, which is good.

It just isn’t as simple as walking out the door

7 Likes

I’m so glad for your loved one. Best of luck to her!

Kind of related, I’ve been getting annoyed all over again about people accusing victims who come forward as doing it for the attention or for the money.
It just makes me want to shake them and ask if they are living in reality?!? Who on earth would want the kind of attention the victims get??? Even in relatively low-profile cases, the women are smeared by the defendants, their character is questioned relentlessly, and they’re basically called liars by most people.
Then in the high-profile cases, they also get stalked and get death threats and lose their jobs. Who on earth would want any of that kind of attention???

11 Likes

Interesting look into red state anti-feminist women taking full advantage of feminism’s hard-won victories, like no-fault divorce:

7 Likes

Gonna warn you… this is enraging…

5 Likes

I’ll read it another time; don’t wanna fuck up my decent mood

5 Likes

Yeah, good idea!

8 Likes
6 Likes